Heritage Owners Club

My H530 last night LIVE…just a few blocks from 225

brentrocks

My band played a private party at Bells Brewery last night!!

I took my H530 and a PRS.  Played through a 18w 1x12 Marshall bluesbreaker clone.  It sounded awesome!!!

It was a great gig in a really cool room!!   Big fun!!!

BELLS1BELLS5BELLS14BELLS18BELLS31BELLS36

Looks awesome!  

Playing a P90/Hollowbody using that amp, did you have any issues with feedback?  I used my 535 in band practice a couple weeks ago and the feedback was tough, then again, we practice in a very small space, maybe a 12x12 room.  Perhaps a stage allows a little more "breathing" room where its not a problem?

30 minutes ago, davesultra said:

Nice gig pics Brent! So I’ll ask the million dollar question… Does your 530 neck dive at all?

I use a leather strap that has a rough backside, so I don’t have an issue with neck dive.    If I were using a nylon strap, it may a little.  

Just now, brentrocks said:

I use a leather strap that has a rough backside, so I don’t have an issue with neck dive.    If I were using a nylon strap, it may a little.  

Yeah, despite just picking up a 535, I still want a 530. All these reports of “no neck dive” just make me jones a bit more!!!

We were very fortunate.  We played Bells 2 times in one month…that is unheard of for a cover band!!

I say it’s part being a well rehearsed band and part being at the right place at the right time.  

If neck dive does become an issue, switching the heavy grover tuners to Kluson deluxe tuners can save a lot of weight on the headstock/neck.  I have done it before myself!

I’m looking forward to seeing Brent on the cover of Vintage Guitar soon!

15 hours ago, Kuz said:

If neck dive does become an issue, switching the heavy grover tuners to Kluson deluxe tuners can save a lot of weight on the headstock/neck.  I have done it before myself!

How so? Tuners probably weigh 1 or 2 oz at most!

On 1/5/2023 at 8:26 AM, brentrocks said:

We were very fortunate.  We played Bells 2 times in one month…that is unheard of for a cover band!!

I say it’s part being a well rehearsed band and part being at the right place at the right time.  

Clips? YouTube?

5 hours ago, Dick Seacup said:

Funny the giant jenga tower fell over right as she closed out the last line in that first video. LOL Nice job on My Sharona. You need to jump around more, though, buddy. :D

Those damm Jengas were falling all night and they were really loud!!!  Scared me every time they fell.  

22 hours ago, ElNumero said:

How so? Tuners probably weigh 1 or 2 oz at most!

Here's how....

Grover Nickel Tuners = 9.9oz   Grover locking tuners 10.4oz   Kluson Deluxe = under 5oz

So you save approximately 5oz.  Put an extra 5oz on the headstock of a guitar with a light, hollow body and see what happens. 

Nice job, Brent!  Way to put yourself out there and go for it!

I would have done the same thing you did on the solo of "My Sharona".   Just do my own impromptu solo over the song and don't even attempt to play the recorded iconic solo note for note.   It is one of the most melodic and among the greatest rock solos ever recorded.  I think this is why more bands don't cover this song, because they don't even want to attempt that recorded solo.

Archived