Heritage Owners Club

I NEED TO STAY OFF THE INTERNET

brentrocks

So I'm chilling in my Laz-y-boy this morning, enjoying my coffee...I hop onto Guitar Center's website to see if they are running any deals.   I do a search for Heritage Guitars and I filter through the new stuff and the first used piece that follows is a 2022 Custom Core H150, Artisian Aged (sells new for $4699 plus tax) and it's at a GC 2 hours from me!!!  They have it listed for $2995 and it has some aftermarket pickups in it.  The pickguard is missing...then I'm thinking, "is it worth the drive to check out?"  Its early Saturday...ok lets do it!

I brought a couple guitars for trade bait, but that was a waste of time...lol.

So I get there, and they had the Heritage and case behind the counter for me.  I take the Heritage and go into their Platinum room and plug into a 5150 half stack.  I play it for a while and I go check to see what they are gonna give me on trade.   I open the case and look in the storage compartment...I find the original pickups, the pickguard, COA, the box and receipt for the pickups in the guitar (Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Alnico Staple Phat Cats $500 pups!!!!)

Of course, they didn't want to give me squat for my trades...so I asked them if they could cover the sales tax on the Heritage, and they did!!!!

So I get it home and put fresh strings on it and do a setup on it.   It's just like every other custom core I've played....STELLAR!!!  I'm not impressed with the pickups..they will probably come out for humbuckers.  

It's only 8.5 lbs.  Full 50s neck.  Plays like butter!  The ageing is sooooo friggin cool!!!   They do such a great job with these!!!   More great guitars from Kalamazoo!!!

IMG_6638.JPG

IMG_6637.JPG

The wax on those pickups hasn't hardly had time to set yet. That was a quick turnaround. Congrats to you on another great score. Some day, I hope to have an H-150 with P-90s. Maybe Monday... ?

I had made up my mind yesterday that I was going to put traditional buckers in this guitar.

So, this morning I fired up the soldering iron and got at it!

I had a perfect set of pickups just waiting.  A Duncan Antiquity neck and a Duncan Seth bridge.  While i was in there, I decided to swap caps...I've had this pair of bumblebees just waiting for the right guitar, and I thought this was the right one!!!

It sounds absolutely amazing now!!!

BEFORE....

IMG_6657

IMG_6658

AFTER....

IMG_6660

IMG_6661IMG_6662IMG_6663

Interested in your thoughts on how the stock humbuckers compare to the Duncans. Is that the stock wiring? It looks like someone shielded the control cavity after the fact, but if that's the stock wiring, it's kind of sloppy. Mine was really clean. 

righteous CC150

I would assume the shielding and wiring might have been done when the staples were installed. 

The person that purchased it retail must have taken some financial loss selling to Guitar Center for it to be available at that price point.

Rock-it Brently!!

1 hour ago, Spectrum13 said:

righteous CC150

I would assume the shielding and wiring might have been done when the staples were installed. 

The person that purchased it retail must have taken some financial loss selling to Guitar Center for it to be available at that price point.

Rock-it Brently!!

Somebody needed some money FAST. The Duncans that were in there were wound in late October. They probably didn't get any more than $2k, and have the better part of $5k in it. 

Archived