Heritage Owners Club

Good Use of GC Gift Cards - New (used) Amp Day

27 minutes ago, Steiner said:

The relationship within and between the pots makes a vast difference in getting different voices from the instruments.  Some lore about that period of guitars is that the CTS pots were far more accurate than the current Chinese CTS pots.  Given forethought about the circuit and interactions, one can feasibly optimize the end result.  That's why I've planted so much cash at RS Guitar Works' door.  They've helped me climb that next sound ladder rung.

I've recently found StellarTone.com.  They appear to have the precision down but I'm not sure they've maximized the overall circuit; a quick review of their website confirms the snake-oil marketing push (can you say throback?)  Both companies have discovered an edge but neither can seem to tell you why - serendipity?

Joe, like Warren and Derek, does a lot of knob adjusting and swirls within songs.  It works

Have you looked into Obsidian Wiring out of Portage, MI?  They have some interesting drop in replacement harness I'm rather surprised they don't talk to Heritage about.

2 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

Have you looked into Obsidian Wiring out of Portage, MI?  They have some interesting drop in replacement harness I'm rather surprised they don't talk to Heritage about.

Last time I interacted with RS they had me do a bunch of measurements for an H-575 harness, even though they offered (the last time I visited their site, they had 150 & 535 harnesses, I don't see them today.) H-150 and H-535 as stock items and I know they've made some H-575 harnesses.  RS never did reply with a quote though I'd wager it was going to be on the order closer to $200 than the H-150's $105.

Personally, the Obsidian looks compelling.  Thank you for the lead.  It's always good to have options.

Archived