Heritage Owners Club

A very special Heritage incoming…from across the pond

brentrocks

I pulled the trigger a 20th Anniversary H150 today!  No. 008

It’s in London, England.  Lol

Factory stock.  These are pics from the seller…will have better pics and a full report once it arrives.   

F65AB66A-4E73-4678-B911-DEAF815868A7.thumb.jpeg.9c6fb9842798b69a93c2bc1f47dd65d2.jpeg

C4B17B72-E567-4C20-B74D-8D21CDBECA8F.thumb.jpeg.2d7ffc4a20a8d9adef29ab3fd563e729.jpeg

9FBD8700-09D4-4D04-A12F-8F91EF16A019.thumb.jpeg.c706e51502b507a7d176a7cd31bbd9bd.jpeg

0F8E7019-596D-4446-80E0-74FABA606152.thumb.jpeg.424e34323d5ebc9994341a6a182211a0.jpeg

62D4349B-EC34-4DC9-B290-3E2D995754F6.thumb.jpeg.79aecf643d620dd3f1453497f3640c80.jpeg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, davesultra said:

I’ll keep my fingers crossed in hopes that it makes the journey across the pond intact. Looks sweet!

The thought has crossed my mind.   The guy works at a guitar shop in London, so I think he knows how to pack a guitar.  

I did contemplate this one (easier since I live in England) but keep reminding myself that I'm trying to

thin out the nearly 70 in the house already.11 went in 2022 but nearly as many arrived !!

Looks like a really good buy for you Brent.

5 hours ago, houndhome said:

I did contemplate this one (easier since I live in England) but keep reminding myself that I'm trying to

thin out the nearly 70 in the house already.11 went in 2022 but nearly as many arrived !!

Looks like a really good buy for you Brent.

The seller said he worked at a guitar shop on Denmark Street, in London ?   He said I would love it there.  

Denmark Street is generally regarded as a very expensive place to buy secondhand (I've been around the shops there

a couple of times to have a good laugh at the prices relative to condition,and have never bought from there yet ) but

your buy looks to be good value,at least here.How you will be hit by taxes UK to US I dont know.When I bought my H150 Ultra

from the US the price in the shop in dollars was about what it cost in UK pounds by the time it got to my doorstep,and I suspect

the deal would be a little worse today.No complaints,the shop price for a nearly mint H150 Ultra was $1425.

I dont remember the price on your new guitar,but I do remember it seemed to be good or I wouldnt have considered buying it.

7 minutes ago, houndhome said:

Denmark Street is generally regarded as a very expensive place to buy secondhand (I've been around the shops there

a couple of times to have a good laugh at the prices relative to condition,and have never bought from there yet ) but

your buy looks to be good value,at least here.How you will be hit by taxes UK to US I dont know.When I bought my H150 Ultra

from the US the price in the shop in dollars was about what it cost in UK pounds by the time it got to my doorstep,and I suspect

the deal would be a little worse today.No complaints,the shop price for a nearly mint H150 Ultra was $1425.

I dont remember the price on your new guitar,but I do remember it seemed to be good or I wouldnt have considered buying it.

Luckily, we don’t have to pay duties on goods purchased from other countries.  

Everything is high right now.  

23 hours ago, brentrocks said:

I pulled the trigger a 20th Anniversary H150 today!  No. 008

It’s in London, England.  Lol

Factory stock.  These are pics from the seller…will have better pics and a full report once it arrives.   

Congratulations Brent. Quilty!  

I still love the one you sold me.

51 minutes ago, skydog52 said:

Congratulations Brent. Quilty!  

I still love the one you sold me.

Oh yeah.   That’s right.   That was the 1st 20th Anniversary I ever had…and then I put that big dig in the top, but Marv fixed it up for ya!!!

With regard to taxation,from US to UK you have to pay 3.7 % (if I remember correctly,about that anyway)purchase tax on electric guitars AND

the shipping cost.On top of that you have to pay 20% value added tax on the guitar,shipping and the purchase tax that you have already paid.

On top of that you have to pay the British postal service a loan charge since they have paid all the previous taxation charges to get the guitar

through UK customs and delivered to the UK address.I have bought 2 guitars from the US and 3 from Japan (same charges) so the charges

are something to be seriously considered as part of the cost when buying.

Archived