Heritage Owners Club

A very special Heritage incoming…from across the pond

brentrocks

One good thing is that there should be no duty for a US made product coming back to the US.   I have heard of some people getting hit with import duty on things from certain countries, but I believe it has to reach a certain price level.    Unlike the UK, the US has no federal sales tax or VAT, but most states laws say you need to pay state sales tax, even if you are buying from an individual.   However, it's almost an "honor system".   When I fill out state tax forms, there's a line asking if you purchased things for which you didn't pay tax.   Of course you always write down "SURE!",  here's some more money.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

It's probably out at the UPS hub a couple of miles from here.   We've got a huge hub here.  

Brent, if that guitar never leaves Louisville you will know who has it. 

4 minutes ago, brentrocks said:

$158

Such BS!!!   Lol

I went through the same thing back in 2015. I had a Les Paul shipped to me from Japan, and the paperwork wasn’t filled out properly. I wound up paying almost $400 to get everything right. 

50 minutes ago, davesultra said:

I went through the same thing back in 2015. I had a Les Paul shipped to me from Japan, and the paperwork wasn’t filled out properly. I wound up paying almost $400 to get everything right. 

I guess I shouldn’t be bitching then….

1 hour ago, brentrocks said:

It was a little cold here today so I’ve been letting the case set out to acclimate for a while.  

Just opened the case for the first time a few minutes ago….

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!!!!

It’s been a whole hour Brent….! don't leave us hanging…..?!?!?!?!?!? 

Let’s see the goods!

43 minutes ago, tsp17 said:

It’s been a whole hour Brent….! don't leave us hanging…..?!?!?!?!?!? 

Let’s see the goods!

I’m gonna clean it up and set it up tomorrow morning.  I’ll have pics and a full report.  

I FOUND A BLOODY RARE HERITAGE IN LONDON MATE!!!   HA HA HA HA!!!!!

This baby popped up in the most unlikely place...Facebook Marketplace.  It was in London, England.  Thankfully, it made the trip without any damage!!!

This is one of the most sought after H150 models ever produced by the Heritage Guitar Company, in their 39 years of building guitars.

Some will say the Gary Moore H150 is the most sought after, and yes, they are great guitars, I've owned 3 of them, but there were 150 of the Gary Moore's made.

The Mark Slaughter H150 was also a very cool and very rare H150 also...probably 50 or so of those made.

The Alex Skolnick H150 is probably the rarest, if you factor numbers produced.... only 20....and was and incredible H150 too!

But the H150 that Heritage put their heart and soul into when they made them, in terms of appointments, options and parts used.... was the 20th Anniversary H150

Heritage built 50 (possibly only 49?), 20th Ann H150s in 2005 and into 2006.  This limited run of H150s were done in a wide array of finishes.  Tobacco burst, Natural, Trans Blue, Vintage Burst...I'm sure there were others, those are the finishes I've personally seen.  Heritage picked out the best figured maple tops for these 20th Ann 150s.  I've never seen one with a top that wasn't at least AAAA quality.  They also featured a one-piece Honduran mahogany body, one piece mahogany neck, Bound Indian rosewood board with mother of pearl traps, bone nut, bound + inlayed headstock veneer with pearl 20th Ann scroll, Seymour Duncan Antiquities pickups, Sperzel tuners and Schaller Nashville style bridge and tailpiece.

This one that I acquired from England this week, is number 008.  For 18 years old, it's in excellent condition.  The frets show no measurable wear.  There are a couple small dings down by the jack and a couple tiny imperfections on the top.   There is some mild pick marks and polish swirls on the top.  No cracks or chips or checking.  The neck is a Medium C carve, which is typical for this era of Heritage.  It weighs 9lbs, 6oz.

I made a couple minor cosmetic changes from its factory stock appearance.  I swapped out the Sperzel tuners for locking Serzels, (retro fit, no additional hole necessary) I installed a toggle poker chip.  I swapped out the cream switch tip a black one and i swapped out the knobs.  I normally like to have a pickguard on my H150s... but I can't bring myself to drill into that beautiful quilt top.

As far as playability... it sets up with a great action.  The fretworks is very good and plays up and down the neck with very little effort.

Tone-wise, The Duncan Antiquities and a great match for this guitar!  Wonderful, warm vintage tone!

Needless to say, I'm so pleased and excited and feeling quite lucky to have been able to bring this Kalamazoo masterpiece back home.

IMG_7659

IMG_7643

IMG_7645

IMG_7646

IMG_7647

IMG_7650IMG_7651

IMG_7653

IMG_7654IMG_7657 (2)

IMG_7658

IMG_7656

2 hours ago, PunkKitty said:

I have a lead on a 59 Les Paul Junior.   Need to free up some cash.  

Archived