Heritage Owners Club

Philapete

I'm looking at a one owner 575. The serial number indicates that it is a 1997 but the owner says he bought it directly from the factory in the 98-2000 time frame (probably NOS).The tail piece is a bit unusual for a 575. It is the solid ebony tailpiece that you might see on a 90's Sweet 16. Also the inlay are simple one thin diagonal line going from the upper left corner to the lower right corner. I haven't seen it yet but the pix are nice and he says that it is in "mint" condition. Also no stinger on the back of the headstock.  It has two pickups and might be Original Sunburst.  It is my understanding that in the 90's each guitar might have some unique details. Seems like a nice instrument. What would be a fair price for this guitar?

Your description sounds like one of a limited series of specially outfitted or dealer specified H-575 Customs.  You might ask the seller if the interior label states "Custom".

The "Custom" designation typically included one or more extra cost options such as upgraded colors, pearl block or slant fretboard inlays, bound neck, bound headstock, inlayed headstock and choice/upgraded wood packages.  Since each selected option had a specific cost associated with it, the final selling price increased accordingly.

Back in the early years a few of the larger, high volume Heritage dealers ordered tricked out 575's and other models.

Today, the market for custom upgraded Heritage guitars tend to be on the higher side of the resale market.  Check Reverb 'sold' for this model and you'll get a pretty good idea of the possible price range for the H575 you're considering.

Finally, thanks to Google, here's an example of an upgraded H575 Custom that might be similar to the one you are considering.  As stated, this was a version that was included in the old Heritage Catalogue back in the day.  Good luck!

Heritage-575-sunburst.jpgHeritage-575-sunburst-2.jpg

Thanks. That looks exactly like the guitar I'm thinking about. I'm waiting to receive a photo of the label but it sounds like this might be a deal worth looking closely at. Why do you think the factory might have had this guitar on hand?  Maybe the dealer returned it or they made a few extras?

The H-575 model had 3 "stock" models.
H-575, H-575 Custom and H-575 Custom Mahogany - in increasing order of cost.  The difference between the 575 and 575 Custom were neck and headstock binding.  The Custom Mahogany has sides and back of mahogany with a spruce top rather than maple.  They're awesome guitars!

Nice axe SkyDog52!!!

5 hours ago, Philapete said:

Why do you think the factory might have had this guitar on hand?  Maybe the dealer returned it or they made a few extras?

There could be hundreds of reasons that guitar never left the factory.  In 1990 I ordered a black 150.  Mr Walker, the local guitar shop owner, called Heritage when I was in the store.  I expected a two month wait.  It turned out they had just the guitar I wanted in the factory.  A few days later I went to pick up the guitar.  Mr Walker said they told him they had made two identical guitars for Roy Clark and he chose the other.  I never really believed it until a few months later when I got a call from a friend telling me to turn the TV to Hee Haw.  Roy was playing a guitar just like mine.  Years later Marv said Roy had broken the headstock off of his guitar in a hotel room.  That is just one story. 

Archived