Heritage Owners Club

Well, I made the cut

LK155

Another chapter in this story.....

Yesterday we attended the grand opening and awards ceremony for the exhibit.  I suppose 'grand' is a bit of an exaggeration since the gallery is quite small.  But it was absolutely jammed with people.  Like crowded enough so that trying to push your way through the people to see the artwork was a challenge.

The art was primarily paintings, with a few mixed media works thrown in.  And four photographs.  A total of 48 pieces.  

So speeches were given (blah, blah, blah, clap clap), and the awards were presented, third place, second place, and first place.  I had absolutely zero expectations here, and I was absolutely correct.

Then they started naming the honourable mentions.  First one up, my Blue Guitar photo.  Holy crap, what an amazing surprise.  Good thing I wore a decent shirt.  Fortunately I didn't have to give a speech, just stand around and look humble.

One guy (an experienced photographer, in fact) asked me what kind of acrylic surface I had applied to make the guitar look 'all wavy'.  None, I told him, that's just the wood.  Don't think he believed me.  Oh, he says, then that must be a custom-made guitar, right?  I told him no, is was not.  Don't think he believed me on that either.

Congratulations! Well deserved IMHO.

With that type of top on that guitar I would consider it a Custom.  Many guitars from that era of Heritage had excellent wood packages.

Other companies would be charging extra for that one.

• 2 weeks later...

And, likely the final word on this one.....

Yesterday, the gallery sold my Blue Guitar photo.

Strange as it may sound, it appears I can now call myself a professional photographer.  (yeah, right)

My thanks to all for the kind words and encouragement.

19 minutes ago, LK155 said:

And, likely the final word on this one.....

Yesterday, the gallery sold my Blue Guitar photo.

Strange as it may sound, it appears I can now call myself a professional photographer.  (yeah, right)

My thanks to all for the kind words and encouragement.

Did Brent buy it?  If so, I call dibbs!  ?

No, no, no.  I bought it from Brent a few years ago.  The guitar, that is.  Part of the deal that sent my H525 (formerly Kuz's) to Rich.  I think Brent got the blue H150 20th from our friend MM in Vegas.  Not sure about that, but it did belong to MM at one point.  

Got a nice note today from the buyer of my photo.  The most interesting thing he said was that neither he nor his wife had any idea what they were looking at before they read the information off to the side detailing the image.  So you guys (especially TalismanRich) were right all along....people didn't know it was a guitar. 

On 3/19/2023 at 2:25 PM, LK155 said:

Sure.  $250 per hour, minimum 4 hours.  Plus tax.  Plus materials.  Plus beer.  And I maintain all rights to any photos.  Best I can do.

Hmmm...  $250 Canadian is about what.... $4 US?   Sounds like a bargain to me!  I can get some Iron City Premium brew.    Do you take DodgeyCoins?

Archived