Heritage Owners Club

New to me H150

51Decisions

I love this sexy beast! What's up with the two screws - tilt control? I think that pickguard needs to be in the storage room, right? Is that a M 1996? Really happy to be here and appreciate any info you can tell me about my new beauty. 

2.jpg

1.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

a classic from the pre plaza era for sure!

i like the p.g. personally but would opt to change out that bridge and tailpiece to tone pros

(just because)

curious on weight when you have time, she's a beauty!

well done! welcome

4 hours ago, chico said:

a classic from the pre plaza era for sure!

i like the p.g. personally but would opt to change out that bridge and tailpiece to tone pros

(just because)

curious on weight when you have time, she's a beauty!

well done! welcome

Thank you! Is there a consensus of what Pre Plaza Era means? Is it the typical acquisition followed by cost cutting type of deal? I would not have searched this out had it not been for trying out new Heritage H150s at my local store and hearing them ring out like angels of rock… I ramble. Also curious-  Is that a veneer top or the maple cap? Thanks!!! 

I can't tell - but that might be an "N" on your serial number signifying a 1997 build.

You would be able to tell for sure if you looked inside the control cavity - it should be listed there... also, the top looks like an Ultra (also would be listed in the control cavity)

S_C

55 minutes ago, 51Decisions said:

Thank you! Is there a consensus of what Pre Plaza Era means? Is it the typical acquisition followed by cost cutting type of deal? I would not have searched this out had it not been for trying out new Heritage H150s at my local store and hearing them ring out like angels of rock… I ramble. Also curious-  Is that a veneer top or the maple cap? Thanks!!! 

No veneer on yours. Pre-Plaza refers to the period prior to early 16’ and the original owners sale of the company. Some changes have been made in the ensuing years, but essentially they’re made pretty much in the same fashion.

3 hours ago, davesultra said:

No veneer on yours. Pre-Plaza refers to the period prior to early 16’ and the original owners sale of the company. Some changes have been made in the ensuing years, but essentially they’re made pretty much in the same fashion.

Control plate says H-150 CM ACB. I didn’t see anything confirming M vs N date code - is it scratched in somewhere in the cavity? Thank you!! 

6E4E6318-499F-4ECF-ACC4-3E926D949D08.jpeg

19 hours ago, 51Decisions said:

I like the quality control improvements that have been implemented with the new owners.

HC1210510-angle-xlarge.jpg

HC1210510-front-xlarge.jpg

51Decisions that is a beautiful H150!

I dig the grain & the flame on the top!

I'd play it as-is for a while, pickups & hardware are easy enough to swap out if you so desire.

Aluminum tailpiece will shed some weight

I think you've done well.   I'll second Chico's comment about the pick guard.   I LIKE the pickguard shape that Heritage came up with.  To me,  Gibson's big ol' chunk of plastic is clumsy looking.   I have kept the Schaller hardware on my guitars that have it.   You could shed a some weight by switching out to a lighter weight tailpiece and bridge if needed.   

The Cherry Burst looks good.   I've got an H140 with the same finish, and it's a nice guitar.

Thanks, y’all!! I am in total agreement now about the pickguard - it will stay! I don’t plan on doing anything to it except maybe Grover locking machines - presently the Grover’s have a little more play than I’d like and their finish has gotten all chalky and weird. Anything better that fits same holes? Thanks!! 

Is there a chance my pickups are the HRW vs vanilla Schaller? I stayed up way too late reading as much as I could find about these guitars. Cool story, incredible man.  Loving everything about it, no matter.  Thanks again everyone!! 

5 minutes ago, 51Decisions said:

Is there a chance my pickups are the HRW vs vanilla Schaller?

Genereally speaking, as Punk Kitty said, if the guitar has HRWs the pickup selector switch tip will have a dot in the middle, but pull the piickups to confirm.

Heritage owners tend not to be to precous about keeping their guitars original. The Schaller hardware works well enough but we often change it for aesthetic reasons. One of my H150s (one H150 is never enough) has gone from a Schaller bridge and tailpiece to a Nashville set (direct replacement) to a Faber ABR-N (ABR style but Nashville fit). I also replaced the Seymour Duncan 59 pickups with a set of Bare Knuckle Stormy Mondays. Feel free to make the guitar your own...

What he said!

My #1 H150 is a 90s model like yours, ( but not as nice top ! ). I put Wolfetone Legend pups, ABR-1 bridge, alu tailpiece, Pigtail steel studs, otherwise it's stock. Those are fantastic guitars.

Edit- Schaller tailpiece studs are shallower than vintage spec. So I had to drill to install them.

Archived