Heritage Owners Club

My First Heritage NGD H-150 (2017)

KCH

I’m now the proud owner of a 2017 Heritage H-150 in Vintage Wineburst per the control cavity sticker which is actually a nice feature.   I had been looking at Heritage for a while and the stars finally aligned.  The guitar came with a custom made Gibson style pickguard and locking tuners.  I put a poker chip on it to cover up a few scratches near the toggle and swapped out the knobs which I suspect were not original.  So far I’m impressed with the overall fit, finish and sound.  It’s obvious the nitro is thinner than a Gibson LP Standard which is nice. The rosewood fingerboard is smooth as silk, probably one of the best I have played. There are some quality and/or design things I have to work through. The nut is a bit sloppy.  It looks like it was cut poorly from the factory and then someone tried filling it and now it’s way too high.  The tailpiece also sits really high so I switched the Nashville bridge for an ABR-1 to help lower the tailpiece and then used Faber spacers to stiffen the gap in the tailpiece posts.  I will probably do a full Faber hardware replacement down the road.  It weighs right at 10 pounds and feels every bit of it.  I gave it a quick setup and it plays well despite the nut and tailpiece issues.  Im hoping that once I fix those things she will really sing.  In the meantime, feel free to share any advice/tips/tricks/ideas you may have regarding Heritage or the H-150.  I’m excited to finally be a part of the Heritage club. 

7C957FA3-EE43-4044-9E9E-6DEE6A1A4383.jpeg

DCC3F9CE-702F-4330-9E5B-1D557E1BFBBC.jpeg

Not many vintage wineburst 150's floating around.  It is, for my money, one of the two or three best finishes Heritage does.  You have a really nice '58 Burst thing going on there.  And you've dialed in the most common trouble spots and upgrades.  Re-doing a Heritage nut is a rite of passage.  Once you get those details you mentioned sorted, you can start swapping dozens of sets of pickup in and out...just like the rest of us.  A particularly nice looking 150!  Congrats!

11 hours ago, kbp810 said:

... I believe that was one of Marv's own color creations. 

It is.  I heard him tell the story.  ?

13 minutes ago, High Flying Bird said:

It is.  I heard him tell the story.  ?

I thought so, it's just been a while and was hoping I wasn't mis-remembering, lol. I remember that, and falling in love with the color after seeing that H110 they had hanging on the wall, which was why I went VWB on the 157. 

Seems like a good time to get all nostalgic with a photo of VWB'ing in action. 

IMG_1343-L.jpg

4 hours ago, kbp810 said:

indeed it is

It's like being in the delivery room.

On 3/11/2023 at 10:41 AM, yoslate said:

. . . you can start swapping dozens of sets of pickup in and out...just like the rest of us. 

Funny you should say that.  I have a pair of MJ wound Seymour Duncan Antiquity that I’m thinking about installing in this guitar.  The 59’s sound great but the Antiquity are special and tend to find their way into my best guitars at some point.  

3 minutes ago, KCH said:

Funny you should say that.  I have a pair of MJ wound Seymour Duncan Antiquity that I’m thinking about installing in this guitar.  The 59’s sound great but the Antiquity are special and tend to find their way into my best guitars at some point.  

Hahahaha!  Nobody on this forum would have required a crystal ball to see this coming!  Have fun with the tone quest.  You should wind up with a righteous guitar!

I've changed the pickups in all 3 of the Heritage H150s that I've owned (still own 2). Funny enough, my favorite H150 is a darkburst that has a a set of MJ wound pickups which are the custom shop Peter Green set which are unpotted, have unbalanced coils, but without the reverse phase magnets. Here it is straight into a production VOX AC15.

And all of them have got the Faber treatment, and nut cut correctly

On 3/12/2023 at 5:35 PM, yoslate said:

Hahahaha!  Nobody on this forum would have required a crystal ball to see this coming!  Have fun with the tone quest.  You should wind up with a righteous guitar!

Yep.  The endless journey commences.    

Welcome to HOC and well done!  Very nice guitar.

Archived