Heritage Owners Club

H150 Ox blood ?

hopkinwfg

I am almost embarrassed to post these photos, but I really like how my 150CC plays and sounds.  I had the dealer play several 150CCs over the phone and I like this one's tone the best.  I call it "Hermey", the dentist elf from the misfit toys because it is so misfit.

Faber hardware saved this guitar for me.  The locking bridge and locking stoptail made it work with out sending it back to have the posts refilled and drilled.  Both the right side bridge post and stoptail post were drilled at an awful angle, so bad I couldn't lower and remove the bridge or stoptail.  But the Faber hardware had enough clearance to still work.  The post were drilled EXACTLY as bad as the video posted above or worse.

One thing that can't be corrected (or forgiven) is the incredibly bad misalignment of the center seam.  The misalignment is not too apparent in playing position, but definitely noticeable in the pictures. 

I had to replace the tuners because two of them striped immediately, but the Gotohs were a direct drop in. 

I am most disappointed that Pete Farmer didn't at least call me, especially since he knows me.  But I have forgiven and moved on. 

The pictures don't lie, but I feel in love with the tone, the weight, and the top.   It's not a perfect 150CC by any means, but it's mine.

Before pictures of the Stoptail Post leaning....

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3276.jpg

Pictures after Faber Hardware "fixed" the leaning posts by locking the bridge and stoptail...

You can still see a slight lean of the right stoptail post in the bottom picture, but it is essentially not noticeable anymore.

IMG_3292.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

That's a super super SWEET sexy looking lemony color !!! 

You must have been staying close to parson Street where Heritage factory resides huh? 

I see the same right side of the tailpiece post swaying towards left... it seems like a common issues... and I wonder why it seems like always RHS of the post? Could it be the issue on grounding wire that causes it? 

Am glad you solve the issue for ya bridge post !! But haven ya try to extract out that tailpiece well off from the body? 

Am sure you know the methods as its commonly found on YouTube where you put a small pvc pipe cut it and have a common sized screw and washer for the job.... 

I would like to getta CC H150 come day... but am curious on the earlier pre- bought over days ... 

I have a recollection on the older H150 were probably made with thinner finish for the wood to breathe ala Gibson ?

16 hours ago, Kuz said:

I am almost embarrassed to post these photos, but I really like how my 150CC plays and sounds.  I had the dealer play several 150CCs over the phone and I like this one's tone the best.  I call it "Hermey", the dentist elf from the misfit toys because it is so misfit.

Faber hardware saved this guitar for me.  The locking bridge and locking stoptail made it work with out sending it back to have the posts refilled and drilled.  Both the right side bridge post and stoptail post were drilled at an awful angle, so bad I couldn't lower and remove the bridge or stoptail.  But the Faber hardware had enough clearance to still work.  The post were drilled EXACTLY as bad as the video posted above or worse.

One thing that can't be corrected (or forgiven) is the incredibly bad misalignment of the center seam.  The misalignment is not too apparent in playing position, but definitely noticeable in the pictures. 

I had to replace the tuners because two of them striped immediately, but the Gotohs were a direct drop in. 

I am most disappointed that Pete Farmer didn't at least call me, especially since he knows me.  But I have forgiven and moved on. 

The pictures don't lie, but I feel in love with the tone, the weight, and the top.   It's not a perfect 150CC by any means, but it's mine.

Before pictures of the Stoptail Post leaning....

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3276.jpg

That's a shabby work by those  hardware installers.... what the crap !!! 

Did the hole enlarge or has got any gap which the insert well is tapped unto? 

I would seriously think of taking out the insert well , check the well hole by inserting a snug fitted rod to see if it seats well... 

I can't imagine !! I would say Heritage from their wood selection and craftmanship by votes has been very well received and remarkable I just can't understand by they could let the QC done in this way whom their hardwares are shabbily installed.... and in my opinion Heritage would have stick with Grover tuners...

I can't figure out how they're installing crooked tailpiece studs? The holes surely must be drilled correctly: presumably the gtr is laid flat & a vertical drill press, and template are used.

So as someone mentioned, maybe tapping the studs/posts in is where the problem occurs? You'd have to be a total hack to screw that up though?

On 5/13/2023 at 9:40 AM, bolero said:

I can't figure out how they're installing crooked tailpiece studs? The holes surely must be drilled correctly: presumably the gtr is laid flat & a vertical drill press, and template are used.

So as someone mentioned, maybe tapping the studs/posts in is where the problem occurs? You'd have to be a total hack to screw that up though?

Probably they don't tap on the studs and tailpiece post as it's too unprofessional lol I made a mistake here thinking they could have done it that way... but hence he proposition stating they are using drill bench or bench press for the tailpiece stud installation and it could have been a rush work for he person whom install it as he could have place the stud in a slanted way and having it pressed down? 

Anyway have contacted Mike at Heritage and his email has always been very fast and straight on to the point.... Heritage guitars support is awesome !! And he told me a replacement piece is sending over to my dealer in Singapore and before they passing the piece off to me they are letting Mr Pete Farmer the head of master builder Heritage guitar for a close up inspection before releasing it over.... 

That's like a big thumbs up... I hope Pete Farmer is gonna zoom down into details .... 

I gotta offer for a Custom core H150 as I am still thinking hard... but can anybody tell me if the custom core is way way superior in tone and feel playability than the H150? 

I die many looking over the Web on the CC H150 but I hated the gotoh tuners they using... ouch... they should have stick down to the tradition of les paul using very much the Grover tuners

Archived