Heritage Owners Club

Metropoulos 50W Super Plex MK II

Steiner

The newest design released by George Metropoulos.  His first sub 100W, 50/25/5 Watt design.  A powerhouse tied up in a small package with the voice of an angel.  I have to admit, I'm a Plexi guy.

2 hours ago, big bob said:

Did you get one?

I have one on order.  It's slated to come out next month.  It took over 6 months to get the 100w MK II.  This is a walk in the park.
It'll be nice to have a portable Plexi and the 5w setting to keep from blowing out windows just to get the goods.

17 hours ago, Steiner said:

I have one on order.  It's slated to come out next month.  It took over 6 months to get the 100w MK II.  This is a walk in the park.
It'll be nice to have a portable Plexi and the 5w setting to keep from blowing out windows just to get the goods.

Great sounding amp. I liked his demo, other than the out of tune-ness on the LP :)

If it truly gets a good Plexi tone with the 5 watt settings it could be a great recording amp

3 minutes ago, kbp810 said:

Let me know when it arrives, I just might happen to coincidentally be in town that day, lol. 

And I'll bring a single malt.

Not to derail the SuperPlex Mk II 50 (which is awesome. I need one), George is also doing a cool take on getting his NMV JTM45 tones in an amp with a master, switchable rectifier and loop (The SuperPlex 50 is based off his 45/100, which is similar but different from a JTM45).  I swear since he got that frequency analyzer he’s been digging in deep.  

1 hour ago, greatmutah2112 said:

Not to derail the SuperPlex Mk II 50 (which is awesome. I need one), George is also doing a cool take on getting his NMV JTM45 tones in an amp with a master, switchable rectifier and loop (The SuperPlex 50 is based off his 45/100, which is similar but different from a JTM45).  I swear since he got that frequency analyzer he’s been digging in deep.  

Two new designs in as many months.  This is going to be fun!   Let me see if I got this straight, the JTM-45/100 is the 100w amp Hendrix made famous, available from Metropoulos in the 100w Super Plex 100 MK II and the 50w/25w/5w Super Plex 50 MK II.

The JTM-45 is the 50w Bluesbreaker that Clapton made famous, available from Metropoulos as the GPM-45 1796.  The GPM-45-1796 emulates the 60s JTM-45 and then far surpasses the original's capabilities with master volume, built in boost and an industry leading effects loopf

It appears there are two happy NADs coming soon.

42 minutes ago, bolero said:

?

Yes, there's something mushrooming here...

On 3/31/2023 at 3:42 PM, kbp810 said:

Ah yes, single malt, super plex, and not a cloud in the sky... because we will have obliterated all them with loud amplifiers. 

Why not an Oberon?

On 3/30/2023 at 9:51 AM, y2kc said:

My apple does not like the word Plexi.

It’s a plexi with glass like tones!

On 3/28/2023 at 12:54 AM, Steiner said:

The newest design released by George Metropoulos.  His first sub 100W, 50/25/5 Watt design.  A powerhouse tied up in a small package with the voice of an angel.  I have to admit, I'm a Plexi guy.

This will be interesting!

On 4/4/2023 at 8:24 AM, kbp810 said:

You bring the Oberon I'll bring the Two Hearted ?

Deal!

Archived