Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Custom Core H-150 Goldtop

HANGAR18

9 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is the back to the first Goldtop:

CCGTBack.thumb.jpg.8adad45b4e966b2471d861bb073adfc4.jpg

Well, maybe that's good news in that I don't have to buy one. I had a 13 pound Goldtop a very long time ago, the back was red and I loved the look of that combination. But that was so long ago that back then I didn't realize back then that you could just change the pickups if you didn't like the tone you were getting from the factory installed pickups (Epiphone soap bars in that case).

22 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

Well, maybe that's good news in that I don't have to buy one. I had a 13 pound Goldtop a very long time ago, the back was red and I loved the look of that combination. But that was so long ago that back then I didn't realize back then that you could just change the pickups if you didn't like the tone you were getting from the factory installed pickups (Epiphone soap bars in that case).

I’ve never seen any GT with a red back. Seems rather odd combination but to each his own eh?  My G Goldtop has a natural back. 

49 minutes ago, ElNumero said:

I’ve never seen any GT with a red back. Seems rather odd combination but to each his own eh?  My Goldtop has a natural back. 

I thought It was a 1956 thing. Never the less, I still prefer the red back on a Goldtop. Not as dark as a Slash model Goldtop, just the right amount of red.

Gibson Slash "Victoria" Les Paul <--Click Here

On 3/28/2023 at 8:27 PM, TalismanRich said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is the back to the first Goldtop:

CCGTBack.thumb.jpg.8adad45b4e966b2471d861bb073adfc4.jpg

Bad news? That wood looks great to me, I am not a fan of the Heritage red on the back of H150 style guitars, I think the color is just right with the natural finish.   

I think the plastic would look better in brown though.

10 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

Bad news? That wood looks great to me, I am not a fan of the Heritage red on the back of H150 style guitars, I think the color is just right with the natural finish.  

Hangar said  "Please tell me the back of this model is red and not natural."   So it was "bad news" for him.   I thought the natural looks damn good, myself, and it's a nice chunk of lumber to boot!

After looking at the prices of the competition,  $3800 for the CC Goldtop is really a great price for what you get. Even if the pickups were changed to the player’s favorite flavor it’s still a great bang for the buck. Now if they could start making a double cut 137 single pickup (aka Jr). 

Just now, Spectrum13 said:

How has that been working for you?

I went and bought a bunch of Lionel trains to distract me from buying guitars. That lasted about a year and a half. Now I've got all the trains I can handle.

Then I moved to extremely high end knives. I'm currently finishing up a buying frenzy where my collection of Randall Made Knives is just about complete.

Hopefully all that will work and perhaps I've finally reached the place where I'm done buying guitars.... except for the custom spec'd Kiesel I'm thinking about... But I can quit anytime. I'm good.

10 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

My guess is either custom order or refinish.

This is what seems funny to me now. The only Goldtop I ever owned was made by Epiphone and it had that color of a back to it and so I always thought that the reddish back was normal. Ever since then, I've only seen the more expensive Goldtops with the natural finish and so to me, I always thought THAT looked weird. (No, I'm not going to buy any more Epiphones.)

16 hours ago, HANGAR18 said:

I went and bought a bunch of Lionel trains to distract me from buying guitars. That lasted about a year and a half. Now I've got all the trains I can handle.

Then I moved to extremely high end knives. I'm currently finishing up a buying frenzy where my collection of Randall Made Knives is just about complete.

Hopefully all that will work and perhaps I've finally reached the place where I'm done buying guitars.... except for the custom spec'd Kiesel I'm thinking about... But I can quit anytime. I'm good.

My buddy taught himself how to make knives. I need to buy one of them. They are works of art (his degree is in Art).

https://alligatorhorse.com/

This is one of my favorites

ah_knife.thumb.webp.95df61042077b17f51e29c289182fd91.webp

49 minutes ago, ridethatbike said:

My buddy taught himself how to make knives. I need to buy one of them. They are works of art (his degree is in Art).

https://alligatorhorse.com/

This is one of my favorites

ah_knife.thumb.webp.95df61042077b17f51e29c289182fd91.webp

What is that used for? 

If form follows function... sorry never got beyond swiss army knives as they had several tools in one.

8 hours ago, Spectrum13 said:

What is that used for? 

If form follows function... sorry never got beyond swiss army knives as they had several tools in one.

I could use that to cut my peanut butter & jelly sandwich in half... A really BIG peanut butter & jelly sandwich in half.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived