Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Guitar Cases

HANGAR18

What is the name of that company that makes hard shell cases for Heritage (and Gibson I presume)? Three letters or something.... I think?

At the moment I'm trying to find a clean, used H150/Les Paul case dirt cheap. Which is why I haven't tried contacting Heritage or Gibson directly about buying a case brand new.

(Yeah, I know, good luck.)

And no, I don't want one of those Gator cases either.

1 hour ago, HANGAR18 said:

I'm also researching SKB cases at the moment and a buddy of mine suggested I look into G&G cases

Are you looking for a custom case??? For high-end cases, I have gone through Cedar Creek, which is the upper end of TKL. They aren't cheap, but they are really nice. I just ordered a case for my Teye guitar, and it was $850 so no chump change! But this is a $7000 - $8000 guitar so I wanted the best I could find and one of the reasons I got the guitar at reasonable price is because it had an after market case. The current build time is between 8 and 14 weeks as they build to order.

https://cedarcreekcases.com/

I already own two of their cases and I love them both. One is western tooled, and the other is a coated tweed.

1 hour ago, rockabilly69 said:

Are you looking for a custom case??? For high-end cases, I have gone through Cedar Creek, which is the upper end of TKL. They aren't cheap, but they are really nice. I just ordered a case for my Teye guitar, and it was $850 so no chump change! But this is a $7000 - $8000 guitar so I wanted the best I could find and one of the reasons I got the guitar at reasonable price is because it had an after market case. The current build time is between 8 and 14 weeks as they build to order.

https://cedarcreekcases.com/

I already own two of their cases and I love them both. One is western tooled, and the other is a coated tweed.

No I actually have a Les Paul Studio Deluxe which I bought used a while back and it came in one of those really nice brown leather looking Gibson gig bags with the Gibson logo embroidered on the big front pocket. Totally NOTHING wrong with that gig bag but it doesn't stand up right (it keeps flopping over) if I try to park it next to all the other hard shell cases I have. So I want a basic HSC to match that I have my other guitars in.

So as it turns out, it seems that Gator must have improved and expanded their lineup of cases, or I confused them with the lower cost SKB cases that I used to own a very long time ago. I just ordered one of these Gator cases on Amazon that looks like one of those nice Gibson cases I've seen before. It's half the price of an actual Gibson case so I hope it doesn't suck when I get to examine it in person.

Gator Cases Deluxe Wood Case for Les Paul Electric Guitars; Brown Exterior (GW-LP-BROWN)

Hangar,  I bought a Gator case similar to the one you ordered.   I got the SG version to use with my old Guild S100 after the original case was water damaged.   I tried a generic square case, but it flopped around.   The Gator works fine, and seems to be just a touch lighter than my TKL case.   It's snug, so the guitar doesn't move around.

Gator SG Case in Brown

Just FYI - I needed a replacement case  for one of my Heritage guitars and wanted the H logo on it.  Heritage customer service dialed me in on a very slightly shopworn item for not much more than the shipping cost.  Kudos to  the current folks at H. 

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps, as was explained in this case, the Cedar Creek would be overkill, but if anyone is looking far a fine case they do a great job.

We have a few, like the one below for her Super 400, dual neck blocks, ached top and bottom, really well made and customizable.

dual neck blocks.jpg

overall.jpg

case outside.jpg

Archived