Heritage Owners Club

Incoming

PunkKitty

Traded one of my Heritage H-150s for some home construction, so I had to replace it. :bigg: So here is the replacement.
IMG_20230505_134606407.jpg IMG_20230505_134637653.jpg

Also bought a PRS SE 594.
IMG_20230505_135350041.jpg IMG_20230505_135359442.jpg

Sorry about the mess here. I have a construction project going on. I'm also a really bad photographer.

Spent a little time with this 150, my 150CC, and the 594 tonight. The 150CC is in a class by itself. It's a wonderful instrument. This 150 is similar to the CC, but it's a slightly different feel. This 150 has one of the fattest necks I've seen on a 150. It's really quite nice. And that top is incredible. It's a nicer top than my 150CC. It's fair to say that I'm really happy with both 150's.

The 594 is different. Maybe it's the poly finish, but it just doesn't feel as warm in my hands. The 10 inch radius feels different also. And since this is an SE, the stock Asian pickups aren't the greatest. The neck is chunkier than any PRS I've played in the past. It is a really nice guitar that I don't really have to worry much about if I play it out. The frets felt very tall on the 594. I'll put a different set of pickups in it to see how I feel about it later. All of these guitars are keepers. 

12 hours ago, PunkKitty said:

The 594 is different. Maybe it's the poly finish, but it just doesn't feel as warm in my hands. The 10 inch radius feels different also. And since this is an SE, the stock Asian pickups aren't the greatest. The neck is chunkier than any PRS I've played in the past. It is a really nice guitar that I don't really have to worry much about if I play it out. The frets felt very tall on the 594. I'll put a different set of pickups in it to see how I feel about it later. All of these guitars are keepers. 

Roll the tone dials around to see how you like the different tonal options and also make use of the push/pull dials before you jump right into swapping pickups. They use those same pickups in the American made S2 line of guitars.

17 hours ago, PunkKitty said:

I picked up one of the (used) Double Cut SE594 models from Dave’s a couple of weeks ago. I have to agree with you regarding that the frets are pretty tall (which I don’t care for). And the 10” radius is also something I’m not crazy about either. The pickups are pretty decent, just they lack in the punch department. Overall, it’s a very good guitar given the price point. It’s overall lack of volume is a bit concerning though. I most likely won’t keep mine for long, it just doesn’t do anything more/less than my Les Pauls will do.

On 5/9/2023 at 11:37 PM, PunkKitty said:

Spent a little time with this 150, my 150CC, and the 594 tonight. The 150CC is in a class by itself. It's a wonderful instrument. This 150 is similar to the CC, but it's a slightly different feel. This 150 has one of the fattest necks I've seen on a 150. It's really quite nice. And that top is incredible. It's a nicer top than my 150CC. It's fair to say that I'm really happy with both 150's.

I bought a S2 594, has a chunky neck I like but it’s HEAVY!  Probably around 9lbs, I’m so used to light guitars so it’s got to go.

On 5/10/2023 at 5:34 PM, davesultra said:

The pickups are pretty decent, just they lack in the punch department. Overall, it’s a very good guitar given the price point. It’s overall lack of volume is a bit concerning though.

Yes, they were designed to be low output. Single digit ohms values.

Archived