Heritage Owners Club

NGD incoming H535

ESchmidt

Hello all! I just ordered this used 2022 H535 from Dave’s. It’s been a fair few years since I’ve had a Heritage semi hollow, but am looking forward to it. I think my last one was a 2008 or 2009. How do the newer models compare to the older (pre-new ownership) ones? 

9FE7EED2-EFE5-4FB9-AAE1-368F313F35FF.webp

69DD901D-64D6-49A1-BE12-D85682B5DDFC.webp

914CE934-86FD-499D-A175-41423E443841.jpeg

21 hours ago, ESchmidt said:

How do the newer models compare to the older (pre-new ownership) ones? 

The biggest difference is the sticker inside.

18 minutes ago, Yooper said:

The biggest difference is the sticker inside.

Sounds alright by me. Every older Heritage I have owned has been excellent. Glad to hear the quality didn’t take a dip. That is what I was most concerned about. 

Don't forget that the pick guard has changed, Tone Pros hardware, and no more Schaller pickups.  Otherwise,  they're still making the same guitar.

I'm not sure, but I think they are using the Plek on the guitars now.

Congrats!!   A beauty you have there.

I have the same in a 2021 model.

As stated, pickups and hardware have changed.   Those are both an upgrade, in my opinion.

I owned a 2005 H-535 for a while.  While it played great, I was never happy with the pickups or hardware.   

I currently have my H-535 and my 2021 Gibson Historic 1959 ES-335.   The Gibson cost twice as much but is no better than the Heritage.  In fact, other than the pickups differences, they sound very much the same.  The neck carves are greatly different.  The Gibson is emulating the 50s huge neck.  The Heritage is much slimmer.

I play the Heritage every single day.   Though I did just receive a Faber ABR-1 conversion for it yesterday.  I am putting that on tonight so I can get the tailpiece all the way down to the body without the strings hitting the back of the bridge.

IMG-1084 (5).jpg

Archived