Heritage Owners Club

HERITAGE GUITARS WAS NOT FOUNDED IN 1985!!!!!

brentrocks

There’s some guy on Facebook arguing with me that Heritage was founded in 1985, because Wycopedia says so!!!

OMG!!!!!

I know I’m getting old and I know my memory is getting bad.  

Just looking for some validation here.  

10 minutes ago, brentrocks said:

Then why are there A code (1984) Heritage guitars?

Because they were screwing around building things in 1984 to see if they really, really wanted to go in to business. Or maybe it was to see if the old fixtures and tooling they bought at the "We're Moving to Nashville!!" fire sale were still operational. I can never remember. 

Marv told they made the original prototype for the H-140 in a garage. They were definitely making them in 1984. The original H-140 that hung on display at Heritage had a 1984 serial number. 
It takes time to file all that corporation paperwork. 

I remember talking to Jay Wolfe at the 2005 Orlando guitar show in early February of that year.  We were talking about the 20th Anniversary model and Jay was taking orders. I mentioned something about their 20th Anniversary coming up on April 1st and he said "No, they already had it" - He didn't mention a date but it sounded like they were making guitars well before the "Official" date.

Whether they were making guitars or not,  the COMPANY officially starts April 1, 1985 which is Heritage Guitar Incorporated.   It's a distinction.  They may have been making guitars,  even naming them Heritage Guitars,  but they weren't fully incorporated until April 1.

2015 was thirtieth ann so do the math

lol 

fun post

oh, the margaritas are good too

Interesting debate.

As a legal entity, yes 1985.

But the beginning, proof of concept/prototyping was 1984.

We all know that here.

I’m sure their is a legal reason why they say 1985, may have to do with the legal agreements with Gibson.

Pre-Production started in 1984.

Production started in 1985.

Did anyone here actually buy a Heritage 140 in 1984 in a store or were they given away?

For all practical intents and purposes 1985 is a very good working number because I'm under the impression that the majority of all the letter "A" serial number guitars made in 1984 were just kept by the employees who made them and maybe a few very close insiders. So if it was as I think it was where customers couldn't just buy a 1984 "A" serial number model back in 1984, then I do understand why everyone is stuck on the 1985 date as their starting point. Kinda like I was conceived in 1964 but I didn't take my first breath of air until about the Memorial Day Weekend of 1965. (Yes I have a birthday later this month.)

My parents apparently had sex around mid July, 1952. I was born mid april 1953. Is 1952 the "A" serial number and 1953 the "B?"

Archived