Heritage Owners Club

Block inlays on 535/555

zookroo1

I've seen a few 535/555's with block inlays.  I haven't seen many so is it pretty rare to find one ordered like this?  I have the standard dots on my 2 current guitars but have always liked the look of the block inlays on the larger body electrics.  How much of a premium would one expect to pay for the blocks?  Thanks!

Brian

I ordered a custom 555. Basically, I liked everything about the 535- rosewood fretbaord (vs the Ebony of the 555) and Mahogany neck (vs the maple of the 555). BUT I loved the 555 inlays.

So I ordered a Custom 555 but built with the wood specs of the 535 and 555 inlays.

It's been a few years but I think there was a small custom order charge plus the cost of a 555 (not the lower cost of a 535- they said I was building a custom 555, not a custom 535, so I had to pay a little more).

Sorry this doesn't give you a price. Block inlays maybe less than the 555 inlays.

Click on the pic below to enlarge!

th__DSC1911-Edit2.jpg

Zookroo1~ As Jerry noted, you can order block inlays to any Heritage.  There are a bunch of options buyers can order to customize their gits.  Just check with your local (or distant) dealer.

My H555 was a custom order that has block inlays.  8)

width=320 height=480http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6738/heritageh55507at9.jpg[/img]

Zookroo1~ As Jerry noted, you can order block inlays to any Heritage.  There are a bunch of options buyers can order to customize their gits.  Just check with your local (or distant) dealer.

width=320 height=480http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6738/heritageh55507at9.jpg[/img]

OH BABY..that is nice...i'm glad to have blue 555 back :)

Nice guitar. Did you also order a standard top or premium top? Yours has great figuring.

Thank you for the 555 props.

Yes, it has the 'Choice Woods' upgrade, Custom 'Golden Amber' finish, HRW's, Mahogany neck, Gold Tone Pros, Pearl TRC, and...TONS of tone.  Probably one of the best all around guitars I've ever laid hands on...Period.

I don't know where Heritage is sourcing it's Maple from, but they get some really gorgeous one-piece bodies out of it.

drool drool..

I love the block inlays on my H155 and DC, but I can also did dots on a H535, a premium top wood (or should I say "would") be the way to go.  Silver hdware for my tastes, and a standard tailpiece, not a schaller.

Archived