Heritage Owners Club

Do Any Of You Have Your Heritage Guitar Nearby As You Post on the HOC?

Gitfiddler

When posting here on the HOC from home, I often have one of my Heritage git-babes giving me a lap dance of sorts.  It seems to inspire me or help channel the good vibes generally in abundant supply around this forum?

Do any of you folks have your favorite Heritage nearby as you post here?  :wink:

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]I don't go anywhere near my desk with my guitar for fear of a collision between the two.

One reason why I built my little mini-studio on wheels so I wouldn't have to sit at my

desk to record.

I sounds like you need a plush Heritage guitar  :laughing7:

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Most of my posts are at work, so, no instruments near me.

Well, no musical instruments--though I've got plenty of measuring instruments to keep me busy!

There is nothing tragic about appreciating good music and fine instruments..The tragedy, IMHO would be to not appreciate them..I thank God he gave me this (Somewhat limited) skill..I am in 3 groups right now and have never been happier, Play bass in a southern rock boogie band, guitar with a mostly acoustic group, and in a praise group at my church..I'm learning all the time, but the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know..LOL..The saga continues

Computer and guitars reside at opposite ends of the house.  All twelve of the guitars are always out on stands, in the guest bedroom, which, since we never have guests, is really the guitar bedroom....  I'll either sit on the edge of the bed in there if I'm only gonna spank for ten or fifteen minutes (which I do three or four times a day).  Or, if I'm plugging in, I go across the hall to my den of iniquity, in which the amps sit.  That's for longer term, more "serious" practice, listening to and learning new material on cd, for instance....

Most of my guitars are in the same room as the pc. At the moment I've got the VIP 2 plugged into the Cube 30x. I also have recently set up my hi-fi system as the main output for my pcs sound >:D. Very handy indeed as I have all of my cd collection ripped to mp3. I have a Line 6 Toneport, Band in a Box and Guitar Rig 3 etc on the same pc that I post from so I can play along with mp3 or DVD, YouTube clips etc.

I usually post from work, So it's no guitars for me..Then at home I have the guitars but no internet..Can't win..LOL..Actually when i'm playing my 140, I feel great so maybe I'm a winner afterall..

This post is coming from my office away from home, so no gits nearby.  However, standard operating practice is to post with Heritages behind me in the studio on stands.  Sometimes I bring a stand over to the front if I want to stare at it while online! 

All joking aside, how could anyone NOT have their guitars and computers near each other?  Youtube and other accessable online media is a crucial part of my studio environment.  I keep the gits away from the desk easily enough.

rock on,

chico

All twelve of the guitars are always out on stands, in the guest bedroom...  across the hall - my den of iniquity, in which the amps sit. 

... now there's a B&B I could stay at  8)

All twelve of the guitars are always out on stands, in the guest bedroom... across the hall to my den of iniquity, in which the amps sit. 

... now there's a B&B I could stay at 8)

+1 on that !

and I might also request .....

[move]:this_thread_is_useless_withou  :this_thread_is_useless_withou :this_thread_is_useless_withou[/move]

I often post from my teaching space at school, (between lessons, or waiting for students, or to regain my sanity after a particular brutal 45 minutes) and I can vouch for Paul P's warning about desks and guitars ...add in a rolling chair, and you have a recipe for the type of gouges and scrapes on my trusty-if-beat-up Guild F-30.  This is why I don't teach with my Heritage guitars, or with any guitar that I can't stand to see get roughed up on a regular basis.  So, no, I don't have Heritage guitars at hand when I post, but I often do have guitars at hand.

I don't practice in front of a computer at home ...maybe because I spend so much time in front of a computer at work ...even though I know Chico is right and there are incredible and growing resources on line. 

Most of my posts are from home in the evening. Too busy and

on the go during the day.

I have my laptop in front of me in the lower level all the time with

2 or 3 guitars within reach always.

I am a hobbyist guitarist so most of my learning is via the web lately.

Chico is right, more and more guitar content everyday. Some good

some bad.

I need to get out and play guitar with other people, I think it would

help my playing a lot. None of my friends play. I need to make new

more musical friends 8).

Line up tonight is the DC Millie, Martin Aura and an old high action

Washburn I am trying to learn slide on.

I need to get out and play guitar with other people, I think it would

help my playing a lot. None of my friends play. I need to make new

more musical friends 8).

Bingo, dallman!  Trying to create music with others can have its difficulties and darkside, too, but music can be a magical form of communication!  How does one do it in the complete absence of other folks?  Take you own advice, man!  Not at all easy, but when you hit, there are few other things like it in this life!  Best of luck!!

Alot of the time, I'll sit on my sofa in front of the boob-tube with my craptop, watch something, read/write email, surf the web, surf the cable channels for no particular reason, browse this site, scratch myself, burp, fart, and do all sorts of typical male activities. Is that TMI? Anyways.. Not always, but often, I'll have a guitar on the couch right next to me, since I never know when I'll get an urge. Occasionally the missus comes to join me down in my man cave, and is always somewhat miffed when she finds a guitar sitting in "her" spot, but between you and me a guitar spends alot more time there than she does.. 

Archived