#2 brentrocks

brentrocks

Has Skewed Priorities

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,250 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, good whisky, nookie, Red Wing Hockey

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:45 PM

i'm taking a chance on it....i liked the one i had a few months ago, but i paid too much for it....i got this one for 1/2 the price

I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

Great Transactions with:  Blankstarecase, MillenniumMaestro, Heritage525, JohnCovach, fxdx99, Thundersteel, Dickseacup, Mars Hall, Slammer, Fredzepp, Tulk1, big bob, KUZ, koula901, HighFlyingBird, yoslate, Gitfiddler, Guitartman, smurf1, schundog, skydog52, bolero, Steiner, golferwave, pegleg32, Hfan, Tailsmanrich, kpb810, tbonesullivan, chico, nonameband, squawken, mikenov, Davesnothere, Punkkitty, pushover, JackBaruth, LK155, Fernando, shook494, pressure, totonka, fretless, RJLII, Rhodescholar, Nachogrande, Y2kc, flyin brian, TonyM, grubber, davesultra, Billgelder

bighead_zps706beeef.jpg

#3 DC Ron

DC Ron

Successor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

i'm taking a chance on it....i liked the one i had a few months ago, but i paid too much for it....i got this one for 1/2 the price

Well done! MUCH more personality than the average guitar. Let us know how it plays!

96 Sweet 16, 00 H550 synth, 86 H160V
Best of the rest: 66 Goya G-17, Eastman T146SM, 76 Giannini Craviola

05 Heritage Lobo 20, 82 Polytone Mini-Brute IV, 67 Ampeg Reverberocket II, etc

#4 Gitfiddler

Gitfiddler

Has Skewed Priorities

• Charter Member
  • 6,816 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:56 PM

Brent, with your close ties and proximity to the boys on Parsons St., I bet you can get that thing restored to its original glory. Good score in my opinion.

#5 cook

cook

Descendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:10 PM

I hope you can bring it to PSP II, that looks sweet!

#6 brentrocks

brentrocks

Has Skewed Priorities

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,250 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:34 PM

I hope you can bring it to PSP II, that looks sweet!

it will be there...although i dont have it yet? :biggrin_mini2:

Great Transactions with:  Blankstarecase, MillenniumMaestro, Heritage525, JohnCovach, fxdx99, Thundersteel, Dickseacup, Mars Hall, Slammer, Fredzepp, Tulk1, big bob, KUZ, koula901, HighFlyingBird, yoslate, Gitfiddler, Guitartman, smurf1, schundog, skydog52, bolero, Steiner, golferwave, pegleg32, Hfan, Tailsmanrich, kpb810, tbonesullivan, chico, nonameband, squawken, mikenov, Davesnothere, Punkkitty, pushover, JackBaruth, LK155, Fernando, shook494, pressure, totonka, fretless, RJLII, Rhodescholar, Nachogrande, Y2kc, flyin brian, TonyM, grubber, davesultra, Billgelder

bighead_zps706beeef.jpg

#7 Steiner

Steiner

Has Skewed Priorities

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:35 PM

The HFT445 is a sweet, acoustic stick. You'll like it!

Proprietor GT's Cables      Cable Info & Prices

Free Will

Eschew obfuscation

#8 brentrocks

brentrocks

Has Skewed Priorities

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,250 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:43 PM

The HFT445 is a sweet, acoustic stick. You'll like it!

the one i bought from GC, used in kalamazoo sounded fantastic!!!! you can give it a try at the farm/barn

Edited by brentrocks, 14 July 2009 - 08:43 PM.

bighead_zps706beeef.jpg

#9 Steiner

Steiner

Has Skewed Priorities

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:06 PM

the one i bought from GC, used in kalamazoo sounded fantastic!!!! you can give it a try at the farm/barn

Why, I'd Love to! I have a Martin made of the same materials that sounds distinctly different (it must be the wood stain) so I'm interested on seeing how consistent the 445s sound.

Have you received the ebay ax? You said you were going to take a chance, I assumed you bought it.

Free Will

Eschew obfuscation

#10 brentrocks

brentrocks

Has Skewed Priorities

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,250 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:20 PM

Why, I'd Love to! I have a Martin made of the same materials that sounds distinctly different (it must be the wood stain) so I'm interested on seeing how consistent the 445s sound.

Have you received the ebay ax? You said you were going to take a chance, I assumed you bought it.

i did buy it and have sent payment...they said they were gonna do a string change and setup before delivery....hoping to see a tracking # tomorrow?

bighead_zps706beeef.jpg

#11 Steiner

Steiner

Has Skewed Priorities

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:48 PM

i did buy it and have sent payment...they said they were gonna do a string change and setup before delivery....hoping to see a tracking # tomorrow?

So that will give you two HFT445s?

You really do live up to that Wheeler/Dealer moniker!

I look forward to your party in two weeks!

Free Will

Eschew obfuscation

#12 brentrocks

brentrocks

Has Skewed Priorities

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,250 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:41 AM

So that will give you two HFT445s?

You really do live up to that Wheeler/Dealer moniker!

I look forward to your party in two weeks!

i returned the other back to GC, that is the nice thing about them, 30 day no hassle return policy......after a couple weeks i realized i had paid too much, they resold it the next week

bighead_zps706beeef.jpg

#13 Steiner

Steiner

Has Skewed Priorities

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:30 AM

i returned the other back to GC, that is the nice thing about them, 30 day no hassle return policy......after a couple weeks i realized i had paid too much, they resold it the next week

Excellent! The 445 is a rare bird and a great guitar. You're fortunate to find one at such a low price. Even if the one you found has "issues", the boys on Parson St. can most likely remove them. Congratulations on your finding an economical unit and ramping up your wheeler/dealer status!

Free Will

Eschew obfuscation

#14 brentrocks

brentrocks

Has Skewed Priorities

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,250 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:03 PM

It is here....got to go find the box cutter

bighead_zps706beeef.jpg

#15 fxdx99

fxdx99

Needs To Get Out More

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

It is here....got to go find the box cutter

... and the camera. Don't forget the camera! What did someone tell me recently?... pics or it didn't happen :)

#16 brentrocks

brentrocks

Has Skewed Priorities

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,250 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

It took me forever to sift through the styrofoam peanuts, but i finally found it.

It is a 1990. Its really not in as bad of condition as i expected...their pics actually made it look worse than reality, but i'll let you guys judge for yourself at PSP. It is not mint by any means, it shows checking, some scratches, dings and dents. It does have an input jack and a lead wire, i'm thinking about maybe putting a soundhole pup in it?

The tone is loud and bassy!!! Lots of low end. The action is super low w/ minimal buzz. Almost no fret wear and a nice slim neck carve.

For the price, i'm happy....and it has a nice hard case too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

bighead_zps706beeef.jpg

#17 Steiner

Steiner

Has Skewed Priorities

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:22 PM

Sweet! A traveling guitar. You can't hurt it, best play it!

Free Will

Eschew obfuscation

#18 brentrocks

brentrocks

Has Skewed Priorities

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,250 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

Sweet! A traveling guitar. You can't hurt it, best play it!

EXACTLY!!!!!

bighead_zps706beeef.jpg

#19 Steiner

Steiner

Has Skewed Priorities

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:39 PM

FWIW I like an under-bridge pickup (baggs) as opposed to the soundhole type. They are easier to make sound natural. They sound better on high-gain (like your Rivera) too.

Free Will

Eschew obfuscation

#20 brentrocks

brentrocks

Has Skewed Priorities

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,250 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

FWIW I like an under-bridge pickup (baggs) as opposed to the soundhole type. They are easier to make sound natural. They sound better on high-gain (like your Rivera) too.

i'm not sure if i will put a pup in it....my Wechter has a preamp in it so if i ever needed an electric acoustic i could just use that, but seeings i dont play in a band, i probably wont use it for that anyway

bighead_zps706beeef.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users