Heritage Owners Club

Board software upgrade planning has begun

Administrator

The developer of the software this forum runs on released a major upgrade several months ago. Based on my experience with such things, I opted to wait out the first few bug fixes and see how it shook out. At this time, the code has more or less stabilized, with several bug fixes having been released. Over the course of the next couple of weeks, I will be putting up a new test system and investigating any upgrade issues.

Once the test system has been fully wrung out, I will make an announcement regarding the upgrade process and how it will afffect the production system. Your patience is appreciated.

• 1 month later...
how's the testing going?

jus' wonderin'...

Testing is progressing apace. Unfortunately, that pace is slow. Instead of simply upgrading the board and gallery versions, I am working on making the whole site more tightly integrated. And, changing the look (yes, again).

Testing is progressing apace. Unfortunately, that pace is slow. Instead of simply upgrading the board and gallery versions, I am working on making the whole site more tightly integrated. And, changing the look (yes, again).

hey! "apace" means "quickly", you rascally Admin you -

nevertheless, thanks for the quick reply and no hurries or worries B)

:D

You can catch a sneak preview of the new site here:

Test Site

Please bear in mind that this is the third iteration I have been through and presently not all of the applications are installed. I am still working on integrating the old 'main site' content in to this, as well as testing new features (which is to say: trying to formulate a plan on how to optimize our use of the software without driving everyone batty). One of the interesting features of the new version is that there is a built-in Reputation system, something like the old karma system.

i see edit & delete buttons will be available for forum posts, that'll be welcome.

once an album is established in the Gallery will it be editable?

looks very promising overall - thanks for your efforts

Will embedded video be possible with the upgrade ?

Actually, that is on my list of items to resolve before "go live."

To all:

The board is open for registration and I probably will not be deleting it again, from this point forward. Feel free to register a new account there and play around. It will not interfere with your account here in any way. Please ignore the non-HOC member currently testing over there; I apologize in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

By way of update on this project:

I have been conversing with IPB support regarding some concerns I have about the upgrade to the latest software. At this point, all but one issue has been ironed out. Additionally, a friend of mine who operates another board and has gone through the upgrade provided some insight which was very helpful. I would like to give you a "heads up" on when the upgrade will occur, but it really will depend on when I can carve some time out of my schedule.

If you log on to the site and get a "Down For Maintenance" notice (or similar) you will know the upgrade is happening.

If you have questions or concerns during the upgrade process, please feel free to send email to the admin@heritageownersclub.com email account. Thank you for your patience and support, I appreciate it.

Archived