Heritage Owners Club

HOC Talent on Parade Backing Track Poll

Administrator

HOC Talent on Parade Backing Track Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should the winner of the HOC ToP be required to provide the backing track for the next HOC ToP?

• Yes
    • No

Sure as long as I don't win...... :)

That could be a tough one for somebody who may not have access to a drummer, drum machine or the like or an organist. Some of us are "multimusically challenged". It might be better if we could get a list of people who have access to either other players, or machines that can be used to build tracks.

Then again, if you can convince your organ player to haul his B3 and Leslie cabinet down into my basement, I'll give it a go!

The poll says "required". Admin's post says "allow/require". Big dif in context. Can it be revised to say the winner gets the option? Give him/her a week to make a commitment and provide a track. Maybe something along those lines?

I'm going to step in and make a command level decision....required is the functional equivalent of allowed.

If the Absentee Admin don't like it, well... :)

;)

I don't think he's going to take kindly to this. Not at all. Piddy da foo, piddy da foo.

Yes, "allowed" would be a better choice of wording for the poll question. I did not mean to imply that uniformed thugs would arrive on the winner's doorstep to coerce a backing track from them. I have no problem with using a commercial backing track as long as there is no copyright entaglement.

Archived