Heritage Owners Club

Now that you have the lay of the land...

Administrator

I think that HOC ToP last month was fairly successful. Certainly, I enjoyed listening to the tracks. The prizes (participation awards, really) are ready to be mailed out for the last round, and that can only mean that planning for the next installment is well under way. The theme for the next backing track has been narrowed down, and tracking has begun. I hope to have a final track up by Saturday, 07 NOV 09 for whomever wishes to participate this time.

Again, thank you to everyone who submitted tracks for the last parade. I hope this one is just as, or perhaps more, successful. I figure everyone has sized up the likely competition, gotten the lay of the land, figured out their software and is ready to go so maybe we'll have even more fun!

• 2 weeks later...
I think that HOC ToP last month was fairly successful. Certainly, I enjoyed listening to the tracks. The prizes (participation awards, really) are ready to be mailed out for the last round, and that can only mean that planning for the next installment is well under way. The theme for the next backing track has been narrowed down, and tracking has begun. I hope to have a final track up by Saturday, 07 NOV 09 for whomever wishes to participate this time.

Again, thank you to everyone who submitted tracks for the last parade. I hope this one is just as, or perhaps more, successful. I figure everyone has sized up the likely competition, gotten the lay of the land, figured out their software and is ready to go so maybe we'll have even more fun!

Hey Admin-man, What ever happened to the new ToP track? I was afraid I was going to miss the whole thing by leaving town for a week and staying in a hotel that charges $13 a DAY for internet access !!! $%#^*& plus not having my recorder setup.

Don't tell me.. the band came over, drank all your beer, and couldn't play? Or somebody forgot to put the tape on the 24 track... The bass player strained his fingers trying to make the Vulcan "Live Long and Prosper" greeting? Wha happened?

I apologize for not getting a new ToP going last weekend as promised. I will try and get a backing track done by tomorrow evening, Sunday at the latest, and posted. Also, and this is probably much more important, the items I was waiting for to send out as awards for the last ToP arrived late last week. I apologize profusely to each of the participants for not getting them out right away. Those awards will be going in the mail as soon as I can source some padded mailers.

As long as there is interest in a second installment of ToP, would anyone care to suggest a genre and key?

As long as there is interest in a second installment of ToP, would anyone care to suggest a genre and key?

Good grief, man.

My experience here earlier in the week indicates that if you ask this group what key a song should be in, you're in for some heavy reading.

Anyway, I vote for Bm.

Or D.

• 2 weeks later...
BTW... Thanks Admin

Received the "award...prize... whatever" and appreciated.

Always fun to get a Heritage surprise in the mail... ^_^

You are welcome. Thank you for participating! I hope the 'award...prize...whatever' was acceptable (what did you think of the tiny, special things?).

To everybody else, I am still working on the nexxt backing track. We are about two-thirds of the way there.

Archived