Heritage Owners Club

With Regards To Spammers

Administrator

Yes, there is a problem, all over the internet, not just here, with spammers. Sometimes they come in and post all sorts of nasty things. You can report these posts to the Administator (me), or the Moderating team (Thundersteel and Brentrocks handle the forums, Mars_Hall handles the galleries). I understand that this invasion of our little corner of the internet is aggravating (believe me, I understand this). I understand, also, that some, or many, of you may want to do something about the spam attacks when they happen. I ask you, please, do not post "OMG The Spammers Have Landed" threads all over the board. It is not nearly as effective at notifying the moderating team, and it actually has the effect of creating more cleanup work in the end. If you want to do something helpful and productive, report the posts.

Please understand that spamming affects us all. It is a horrible, evil pesitlence that we cannot fully avoid. That's the down side. On the up side, the new board software has some additional anti-spam features built in which should minimize the effectiveness of spammers attempts...if we ever get the new board software rolled out. :)

I think I can speak on behalf of the entire moderating team when I say, "Thank you for bearing with us."

Hey I am all for everyone getting along. Can we just create a seperate section just for the spammers? That way they don't feel singled out or like we don't want them here...

Just a thought.

See, this is why we need the old karma system back. I LMAO.

Hey I am all for everyone getting along. Can we just create a seperate section just for the spammers? That way they don't feel singled out or like we don't want them here...

Just a thought.

Something like X marks the spot ?

... or XXX maybe ?

... couldn't resist. :occasion13:

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived