Heritage Owners Club

1965 princeton reverb (not reisuue)

DC Ron

Nice - looks to be in excellent condition. I love PRs and getting another one (or 'like' it) is at the top of my gear list. Congratulations on the score.

Thanks! It is in very GOOD cosmetic condition. A few nicks and paint splatters, but nothing offensive. I like that it is mostly original, with one changed knob, a new reverb cable and (I just found) more recent rear covers. The original speaker is gone but came with a Weber 10A100 installed and a Jensen/Fender of of uncertain pedigree as a spare. The Weber is VERY nice. The chassis and transformer check out, and the tubes are US and UK, so are at least vintage, if not original. No footswitch but think I'll pick one up soon. Oh, and the TONE is...TRULY inspirational. Lots of neat overtones and responsiveness to picking. Very cool tremolo and appropriately boingy reverb. Plays LOUD. Much louder than I thought. Much louder than the spouse is happy with. I've got a 2x12 50 watt Peavey that can move a lot more air but can't PROJECT like this. Bet it cuts through in a small band setting. Haven't gotten it to overdrive much yet. But having WAY too much fun with the effortless tone this little beast puts out. :unsure: Highly recommended.

What a great find. Nothing like the responsiveness of these little fender amps. I need another amp like I need a hole in the head, but I'd still dearly love to have a nice Princeton. Congrats.

Thanks all. Not to be expected (at first) , but this guy sounds GREAT with everything. Hollowbodies, semi's, solids...they just sound like they're wired into my fingers. Am thinking about getting a 12" baffle and speaker to see what it sounds like if I take it up a notch...addictive fun!

Thanks all. Not to be expected (at first) , but this guy sounds GREAT with everything. Hollowbodies, semi's, solids...they just sound like they're wired into my fingers. Am thinking about getting a 12" baffle and speaker to see what it sounds like if I take it up a notch...addictive fun!

Hopefully you mean with an EXTENSION speaker, not modding that sweet little amp??

Nothing permanent, but...the baffle pops right out and there are aftermarket baffles available with 12" cutouts and aged cloth. So it's possible to TRY a 12" speaker without permanently modifying the amp at all. Just intriguing to think of the possibilities. (BTW, I recently replaced the tuners, pickups, bridge, pickguard bracket and tailpiece on my Roy Clark, and have each wrapped in a plastic and stuffed in the case pocket. I'm a bit of an it-must-be-possible-to-go-back-to-original freak.)

Archived