Heritage Owners Club

PSPIII - Any rumors yet?

rlinwood

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last year we missed the Kalamazoo Blues Festival by 1 week. It would be nice to have PSPIII the same weekend as a music festival.

that is a good thought if it jives w/ Heritages schedule....anybody know the dates for the 2010 blues fest?

WooHoo! PSP III

I really am hoping it's bigger again this year. We had roughly double at PSPII from PSP I, so could we double again?

And it'll go 4 times as fast! This year seemed like we barely had time to even say HI and it was Bye.

that is a good thought if it jives w/ Heritages schedule....anybody know the dates for the 2010 blues fest?

They don't have a date on their website yet so I wrote them an e-mail inquiring. Quite possible they haven't set up dates yet, we will see. I will post when I hear from them.

Call me a heretic! Not anxious at all for it to get too "big," too fast. I don't want to leave thinking I didn't get to speak meaningfully with more people than I did. In that regard, two days is beginning to look like a plan. I also think two days is beginning to look like an imposition on the Hendersons. There may very well be some growing pains ahead. Careful, considerate planning well in advance is beginning to look like a good idea. Might as well start floating whatever you think now. Seven months is not too far out in front.

Why doesn't the Blues Festival accommodate our date for the PSPIII!!!! :D

I agree with that.

If they haven't set the dates, I would like to see them figure it around PSPIII 2010

Our family goal was to swing through KaZoo for PSPIII 2010

then on to Martin's "Nazareth 2010" that is queued for August 6-8

Trying to figure out the summer vacation schedule.

- Would like to try and make both if possible

- Apparently hotels in PA are filling up so am a thrilled to hear the discussion.

Based on the turnout, July 31 appeared to work for folks in 2009.

My vote would be July 30-Aug 1 which would then allow travel time to Nazareth.

Call me a heretic! Not anxious at all for it to get too "big," too fast. I don't want to leave thinking I didn't get to speak meaningfully with more people than I did. In that regard, two days is beginning to look like a plan. I also think two days is beginning to look like an imposition on the Hendersons. There may very well be some growing pains ahead. Careful, considerate planning well in advance is beginning to look like a good idea. Might as well start floating whatever you think now. Seven months is not too far out in front.

Amen. We don't want to get too comfortable at the Henderson's compound. I would hate to wear out our welcome. Are there any state parks nearby? A Thursday, Friday & Saturday event would be nice. We could just move all of the machines at Heritage out of the way and jam there. :D

If we extended to 2 days, (i dont think my parents would mind) there would definately be the need for some more intense planning. Stuff like the tent, port-o-john are good for the weekend, so there is no additional cost to extend to a 2-day event. Food, drink are the biggest things and then everybody having to spend another night in a hotel as far as the additional costs.

Friday would kinda be Heritage day....take the tour just as yrs past. We would still have to come back to the farm because of the folks at Heritage and them comming out after the tour.

Saturday is where its up in the air....some will want to go to the blues fest (if that works out) some people will want to jam/mingle/chow.....we would moe than likely have 2 big meals at the farm, that would be the biggest change as far as cost, as far as i can see. i say that because it is inevitable that thing get more expensive every yr, but we have a great group of people here and raising funds for this event has not been a big issue!

what are everyone elses thoughts on my preliminary thoughts?

Archived