Heritage Owners Club

SOUND CLIPS?

Heritageman

Well, he's pretty good.  But, he's no Peter Green.   8) :o ;D

You know I keep hearing that, but I don't "hear" it if you know what I mean.  I prefer the GM versions of just about every Green tune he plays.  "Blues for Greeny" is probably my favorite GM album (ok, a close second to Still Got The Blues) and I like his versions better than the originals.  Maybe I need to go back and listen to some old Peter Green, but he's never really floated my boat.  Good yes, but great???

I thought we'd be hearing sound clips here?

Here's one of my H150 to start with: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.c...;songID=5008777

As far as Gary Moore is concerned: a great player, of course, but imho too much in a hurry. The old men like Peter Green and Eric Clapton had a deeper understanding of the blues. It is like they took more time for the feel and the tone in the original recordings. (compare the song All your love by Moore and by Clapton and you will understand)

By the way: there is some concert footage on which mr. Moore plays his H150. But after one or two songs he quickly grabs his Les Paul again. His H150 has a bit of that Dimarzio sound, not the deep wailing blues.

Nice clip Jacques!  One of my favorite blues standards... nice job.

By the way: there is some concert footage on which mr. Moore plays his H150. But after one or two songs he quickly grabs his Les Paul again. His H150 has a bit of that Dimarzio sound, not the deep wailing blues.

I wonder what pickups he was using in his H150 to get that "Dimarzio" sound?  My hunch is they probably weren't Schallers, HRW's or SL's...

Thanks dudes! The backingtrack was home made (and doesn't last any longer than what you hear). I am not that good that I can remember and therefore play the whole song.

Later I found the complete thing on Guitar B(acking)T(rack). (too big to post here...)

The pickups are the standard SD '59s, at least for a 150 Classic

What turned out very good for getting this type of sound @home is the Fulltone Fulldrive 2

Archived