Heritage Owners Club

Custom 530 enroute

jrfreed

After 5+ months waiting she is due to arrive tomorow! Cant frickin wait...but J Hale Music was nice enough to pop a few pics and email them down for our viewing pleasure.

These are without the pickguard installed (which he did at the shop) but you get the jist

post-799-1265037809_thumb.jpg

Sweet Looking Heritage there... Is that ASB finish?

It will be nice to get your hands on it after such a wait, I am sure......

Yep...ASB/OSB. I was thinking it would be a bit more yellow in the center but think it turned out great.

Yep...ASB/OSB. I was thinking it would be a bit more yellow in the center but think it turned out great.

I guess it is OSB really . I have one of each , but they change with different lighting, so I have trouble identifying between the two sometimes.

There seems no end to the one-off beauties Parsons Street has been letting go recently. Every time I look at a pic of someone's new order, it seems a stunningly beautiful custom! Is this, perhaps, Parsons Street's Rennaisance?

After 5+ months waiting she is due to arrive tomorow! Cant frickin wait...but J Hale Music was nice enough to pop a few pics and email them down for our viewing pleasure.

These are without the pickguard installed (which he did at the shop) but you get the jist

Nice..Are those P-90s?

***TONE REPORT***

So I took the 530 custom to big band rehersal last night and put her thru the ringer...I couldnt be happier! The combination of a thinline hollowbody and Lollar P-90's produced a full "round" sound that I was shooting for. My other jazz box (eastman 803-16-Dual) gives a warm wes-like sound but it lacks definition and character when I try and dig in to solo. The 530 is MUCH more sensitive to my pick attack and i could coax many differing flavors without constantly twisting knobs. With the band blowing away I was able to sit back and comp with a cool mellow tone that allowed more clarity with my chord voicings...but as soon as it was my turn to solo, it turns on a dime and fills up the room with a great full jazz sound. I have always avoided my bridge pup in the Eastman, but when playing a few latin numbers I switched over and was pleasantly suprised at the depth of sound! Not thin...not weak...not piercing...just bright and focused with that snap&pop I really enjoy in the 4th strat position.

I was a little concerned moving to p-90's and giving up some depth of sound but I'm telling ya...Jason Lollar is a genius and these beauties blew away every expectation. Full, warm, round but defined and tight. Every note balanced and clear. J Hale did a great setup with 1/2 round 11's and put the action low and fast just to my liking.

Fit and finish were good overall (not great but good nevertheless) The binding on the neck has some dark specks embedded near the body, and the upper f-hole binding shows some file marks. Aside from a few binding rough spots the rest of the finish is flawless and well executed.

The neck is what I'd consider a "tweener" or contemporary profile as it fills my hand nicely but nowhere near the Louisville Slugger that some of you guys like to play! HAHAHA

***TONE REPORT***

So I took the 530 custom to big band rehersal last night and put her thru the ringer...I couldnt be happier! The combination of a thinline hollowbody and Lollar P-90's produced a full "round" sound that I was shooting for. My other jazz box (eastman 803-16-Dual) gives a warm wes-like sound but it lacks definition and character when I try and dig in to solo. The 530 is MUCH more sensitive to my pick attack and i could coax many differing flavors without constantly twisting knobs. With the band blowing away I was able to sit back and comp with a cool mellow tone that allowed more clarity with my chord voicings...but as soon as it was my turn to solo, it turns on a dime and fills up the room with a great full jazz sound. I have always avoided my bridge pup in the Eastman, but when playing a few latin numbers I switched over and was pleasantly suprised at the depth of sound! Not thin...not weak...not piercing...just bright and focused with that snap&pop I really enjoy in the 4th strat position.

I was a little concerned moving to p-90's and giving up some depth of sound but I'm telling ya...Jason Lollar is a genius and these beauties blew away every expectation. Full, warm, round but defined and tight. Every note balanced and clear. J Hale did a great setup with 1/2 round 11's and put the action low and fast just to my liking.

Fit and finish were good overall (not great but good nevertheless) The binding on the neck has some dark specks embedded near the body, and the upper f-hole binding shows some file marks. Aside from a few binding rough spots the rest of the finish is flawless and well executed.

The neck is what I'd consider a "tweener" or contemporary profile as it fills my hand nicely but nowhere near the Louisville Slugger that some of you guys like to play! HAHAHA

Those are called "birthmarks" and are signs that your guitar was made by real human hands!

I am glad you are loving the Lollar p-90s as much as I do!

Archived