Heritage Owners Club

ok it arrived! (my 2nd 535)

23rd535

so i had this 535 about 2 years ago, my first Heritage. had to sell it to pay for school, that old story....

anyways, ive always missed that guitar the most out of all my guitars ive had, so I traded a guy on TGP for this 23rd anniversary 535, and man o man! another great Heritage! same great feel look and SOUND as my old 535, it's like I never sold it at all!

here's some pics of it, just perfect setup. ran it by my luthier tonight who is VERY picky and good at what he does, and he said it looks like the original strings and setup from when it was new. said it probably hung in a shop for a while, it has the rash below the headstock and a few light store-scratches on the back, but ZERO fretwear and he says looks like the nut's never been touched.

regardless, it's perfect, just what I've been looking for in another Heritage. I took a chance doing the mail-order/trade thing, but I have no regrets, feels like my old friend never left!

pics: (last pic, interesting it's got signatures on there, don't remember that on my old one! prob cause of the 23rd anniversary thing?)

DSC02184.jpg

DSC02185.jpg

DSC02186.jpg

pics: (last pic, interesting it's got signatures on there, don't remember that on my old one! prob cause of the 23rd anniversary thing?)
Yes, signed by the Heritage owners themselves... :)

That is a rich finish.. nothing wimpy about that one .. no lack of color there.

It is quite beautiful and these shots lead me to believe , even better than expected even from the TGP pics.

Congrats... nice one.

Vintage Wine Burst Rules!!!!

Here is a pic of my VWB (first production 535 p-90s with VWB).

I love your 535, great score!!!!

Precious.jpg

Thanks again all, I had a feeling as fellow Heritage owners you'd dig this one too.

In regards to the trade, monetarily it was a fair swap, both guitars were around 1500 bucks value.

Kuz- I've seen pics of yours before, lookin great!

Congrats, that's a great score. I almost nabbed a "23" in lefty myself but some lucky lefty pulled the trigger before me.

Damn! Win some lose some...

Oh, something else I thought about, the label says something to the effect of Heritage Custom Shop I believe... I'll have to double-check when I get home...

but is this the new standard label or does Heritage have a custom shop? I remember my old 535 (thinking it was a 2004 or 2005) had the script-looking label... like an old script-roll or something....

Any insight? Is this a "custom shop" model or is this just a newer label?

Thanks.

Damn! Win some lose some...

Oh, something else I thought about, the label says something to the effect of Heritage Custom Shop I believe... I'll have to double-check when I get home...

but is this the new standard label or does Heritage have a custom shop? I remember my old 535 (thinking it was a 2004 or 2005) had the script-looking label... like an old script-roll or something....

Any insight? Is this a "custom shop" model or is this just a newer label?

Thanks.

My 2007 535 has the "Heritage Guitars Custom Shop" label, I'm guessing it may have been used for guitars ordered by dealers for stock that did not have the then Heritage norm of Schaller pickups and hardware. The finish, golden amber, is also one that is not on the Heritage web site so it may have been because it was a non standard colour.

Heritage finishes: http://www.heritageguitar.com/finishes.html

535label.jpg

My 2007 535 has the "Heritage Guitars Custom Shop" label, I'm guessing it may have been used for guitars ordered by dealers for stock that did not have the then Heritage norm of Schaller pickups and hardware. The finish, golden amber, is also one that is not on the Heritage web site so it may have been because it was a non standard colour.

Ahhh, ok. So non-standard guitars? ie, special orders, such as the 23rd run of guitars like mine, or custom options like yours.

Gotchya, thanks!

Found a pic from a few years ago with my first Heritage 535 on stage in Baltimore... hah!

rock.jpg

See .... sometimes it's not so much what you play ... but how you play it..!!

Nice to see it done with style.

Looks like the popular one finger A chord there also. A favorite of mine.

Thanks haha

Yep, the old simplified A chord

so i had this 535 about 2 years ago, my first Heritage. had to sell it to pay for school, that old story....

anyways, ive always missed that guitar the most out of all my guitars ive had, so I traded a guy on TGP for this 23rd anniversary 535, and man o man! another great Heritage! same great feel look and SOUND as my old 535, it's like I never sold it at all!

here's some pics of it, just perfect setup. ran it by my luthier tonight who is VERY picky and good at what he does, and he said it looks like the original strings and setup from when it was new. said it probably hung in a shop for a while, it has the rash below the headstock and a few light store-scratches on the back, but ZERO fretwear and he says looks like the nut's never been touched.

regardless, it's perfect, just what I've been looking for in another Heritage. I took a chance doing the mail-order/trade thing, but I have no regrets, feels like my old friend never left!

DSC02184.jpg

DSC02185.jpg

DSC02186.jpg

That is one BEAUTiful guitar.I bought a *ibson 335 before Heritage were formed,but all the 535 & 555 's I've seen have been wonderful guitars,both to play & look at.Heritage are at the top of their game.It's the only guitar website that excites me.I see the past & the future there.Now,what do I really want next ? Enjoy that wonderful guitar.

Peter Alton Green ( U.K.)

That's the way I play em too..congrats on the new Heritage!!

That is one BEAUTiful guitar.I bought a *ibson 335 before Heritage were formed,but all the 535 & 555 's I've seen have been wonderful guitars,both to play & look at.Heritage are at the top of their game.It's the only guitar website that excites me.I see the past & the future there.Now,what do I really want next ? Enjoy that wonderful guitar.

Peter Alton Green ( U.K.)

Thanks Pete! I really am glad I got another Heritage.

Just wish I had never gotten rid of the first one to begin with!

Archived