Heritage Owners Club

New guitar day

DC Ron

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3344.jpg

So yesterday I picked up this 1989 H-535 in natural. Has an ebony board and bound headstock, which are very cool. Tonepros bridge and tailpiece, too. Pickups are SD 59 and Screamin Demon. Really like the 59's creamy tones. The Demon...not so much. Will probably replace the bridge pickup and install covers on both. Has been played a bit but I can see why-- she really plays nice! Will do a compare and contract with my 1991 Roy Clark soon as I can see now that these two guitars are much more different than I first thought. Gotta go play now...

:)

Someone liked a 555 headstock... me too... :)

Great look and I believe that this beauty is in the right hands for some final tweaking.

I could go either way on the pickup covers, but yeah that might be a nice look.

I also like the sounds from a SD '59, I like mine just fine.

The Screamin Demon seems like it would be best in a pointy guitar.

Beautiful and Desirable Heritage there... congrats on the NGD..

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3344.jpg

So yesterday I picked up this 1989 H-535 in natural. Has an ebony board and bound headstock, which are very cool. Tonepros bridge and tailpiece, too. Pickups are SD 59 and Screamin Demon. Really like the 59's creamy tones. The Demon...not so much. Will probably replace the bridge pickup and install covers on both. Has been played a bit but I can see why-- she really plays nice! Will do a compare and contract with my 1991 Roy Clark soon as I can see now that these two guitars are much more different than I first thought. Gotta go play now...

:lol:

Beautiful!!! I'm with you on the pick up covers. I'm picturing that guitar with a bound ebony pick guard, to match the ebony finger board. WOW!! What a vibe that would be. Although, the unbound matching pick guard looks great also. What the hell . . . have the ebony one made . . . then you could switch off to have 2 different looks!! Congrats!! Great pick up. You just convinced me on the 535 I'm chasing.

Very cool. I'm a big fan of ebony fingerboards, and admittedly mostly because I like the look of the contrast between jet black and whatever finish is on the other wood. Yeah, I'd put covers on ... nice board and binding and then no covers (esp. on the rhythm pickup) is like having a nice tie on and belly hanging through an undone button. (IMHO, of course.)

Beautiful!!! I'm with you on the pick up covers. I'm picturing that guitar with a bound ebony pick guard, to match the ebony finger board. WOW!! What a vibe that would be. Although, the unbound matching pick guard looks great also. What the hell . . . have the ebony one made . . . then you could switch off to have 2 different looks!! Congrats!! Great pick up. You just convinced me on the 535 I'm chasing.

Was there someone on this forum who was making wood pickguards at one time? I wouldn't mind getting one for my 150 which came with a plastic LP style.

I'm also a fan of Ebony boards, just got one (on my 157) for the first time in many years (last one was my 72 Guild Bluesbird, many moons ago).

Archived