Heritage Owners Club

How much does your 535 weigh?

Jazzpunk

That seems a lot for a 535. I'd have to dig mine out of the closet to weigh. But really? They weigh that much? Tha's 150 territory right there.

i was way off..i just threw it on the scale ...its 8

Below are weights of some of my Heritages bracketed by a couple other electrics. Not a calibrated scale so not totally accurate, but relative poundage to each other is probably okay. The 535 is lighter than the 555 by a half lb or so. The hollow 525 is really light.

LesPaul 9.0

535 7.7

150 9.2

555 8.1

525 6.3

Kirn Tele 7.9

Below are weights of some of my Heritages bracketed by a couple other electrics. Not a calibrated scale so not totally accurate, but relative poundage to each other is probably okay. The 535 is lighter than the 555 by a half lb or so. The hollow 525 is really light.

LesPaul 9.0

535 7.7

150 9.2

555 8.1

525 6.3

Kirn Tele 7.9

Cool, thanks for that! Don't ya just love the weight of the 525? :D

Cool, thanks for that! Don't ya just love the weight of the 525? ;)

Oh yeh - it's deceiving. Any guit player that picks it up does that extra 'inch up' before realizing how light it is. A joy to play (in many ways).

Guest mgoetting

I would be surprised if there is much difference in body weights. But I wonder if neck thickness creates much variance. It feels like it. That may be due to the added mass that far away from where the shoulder strap hangs creating disproportionate torque.

My 555 seems airweight.

Actually my two differ quite a bit.

I can't tell you the actual weight but I would say the Cust 555 (a 535 with 555 inlays) weighs about 7.25 lbs.

The 535 p-90 (first production guitar) weighs probably a pound more.

They both sound great, but wanna guess which one just has THE tone?

Yep the 535 p-90!!!!

Actually my two differ quite a bit.

I can't tell you the actual weight but I would say the Cust 555 (a 535 with 555 inlays) weighs about 7.25 lbs.

The 535 p-90 (first production guitar) weighs probably a pound more.

They both sound great, but wanna guess which one just has THE tone?

Yep the 535 p-90!!!!

Interesting. Do you attribute that to the P-90's or the difference in wood selection?

Mine's the opposite of Kuz, with the 555 tipping the scales a bit more. Rather than the neck as Mgo has proposed, I'd hypothesize the center block density a contributor to weight difference. Good question for Ren at PSP3.

Interesting. Do you attribute that to the P-90's or the difference in wood selection?

No I don't think i is the p-90s, I think it is the mass of the wood. The neck is very big and so is the TONE!!!

And yea the mass, big neck, and p-90s add to the huge tonal equation, no doubt about it!

Archived