Heritage Owners Club

Which genre should we use for HOCTOP 2?

Administrator

Which genre should we use for HOCTOP 2?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which genre should we use for HOCTOP 2?

• Blues
    • Jazz
    • Contradanza
    • Metal
    • Bluegrass
    • CuBop
    • Baroque
    • Classical
    • Flamenco
    • Rap/Hip Hop
    • Techno/House/Trance/Trip Hop
    • New Wave
    • Ska
    • Reggae
    • Nueva Trova
    • Bossa Nova/Samba/Merengue
    • Other (please include in post)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the male gender would be most appropriate, don't you?

Why not just let Kenny send in a couple of clips and give him the prize right away?

Oh, you said genre.

Sorry.

"other": "roots", which to my mind is inclusive enough for all kindsa stuff (think anything originating from along the Mississippi River Valley, then add in Piedmont & Appalachian) over the past 100-150 yrs...am guessing our overseas brethren & sistren might dig this, too...

i voted "blues" cause I can only handle 3 chords at a time!! :huh:

Me Three!! I own a LOT of guitars....it would be really cool if I could play 'em...someday maybe :ph34r: !

Kinda like Robocop but with guitars.

Again, I must apologize . . . . I still have have no idea what this is all about. I think I remember Robocop as a movie about a robot cop . . . . but I can't seem to make the connection.

Again, I must apologize . . . . I still have have no idea what this is all about. I think I remember Robocop as a movie about a robot cop . . . . but I can't seem to make the connection.

X2 - also wondering what HOCTOP 2 is . .

You folks really make me laugh; thanks!

It looks like blues, not surprisingly, wins again. We may be able to get a track out tomorrow, but it may be a couple days past that. Perhaps we'll even get some Hammond organ in there again.

For those who are new to the game, HOCTOP is the Heritage Owners Club Talent on Parade. The premise is that we are all here to celebrate the instruments. While the chatting and back-and-forth is fun, we presumably all know how to make a little music with these fantastic guitars. Thus was born the idea of HOCTOP, nearly one year ago. A basic backing track is provided in mp3 format (although I could also provide a Cakewalk Sonar file if requested, or possibly OMF) with bass and drums and potentially keyboards (or maybe horns) of some sort. There is a time frame of a couple of weeks or so for contestants to get their tracks uploaded to a directory (info provided by me on a per-person basis) on the HOC server. I then randomize the file names and put the submitted tracks up for a vote. Highest number of votes wins.

Last year, we had one multiple-entry participant. I'm not sure if we should allow that this year, or perhaps put a two track submission per contestant limit in place to prevent flooding. I am open to thoughts and suggestions on this.

You folks really make me laugh; thanks!

Last year, we had one multiple-entry participant. I'm not sure if we should allow that this year, or perhaps put a two track submission per contestant limit in place to prevent flooding. I am open to thoughts and suggestions on this.

Dear Mr. Admin, Sir!! I promise to submit only one entry this year. Promise.

Archived