Heritage Owners Club

Anyone played a 150MH (mini-humbucker)?

SemiHalo

Has anyone played one of those H150MH guitars from Wolfe Guitars?

It looks like an improved, or perfected, version of the LP Deluxe, which tops my list of under-appreciated guitars.

Does losing the steel plate under the minis change the tone for the better?

Thanks all.

Players "love" these perfected Deluxes. We've sold 2 this week and both guys are delighted. Have you had an opportunity to check out our Youtube demo videos? Our YouTube channel is "wolfegtrs" and search for H150MH.

Thanks, Jay Wolfe

My experience with Minis is more hands on with Firebirds than the vintage Deluxes. I never liked the sound out of the way overwound firebird pickups, I know many that have changed out those and used Lollars which are more vintage/traditional in the output. I like my pickups a little hotter than vintage and have retrofitted most of my minis to Rio Grandes BBQ/Texas which I really like.

I am sure there are several players here that will vouch for Lollar Minis, some of them professionals that live on their guitars.

Jay has some really nice stuff and is a great option, If you have a local dealer you trust you can spec out a custom build if you have a few months patience for a build, it can take some extra time if you ask for unique options. Benefits, a good dealer can really help with your options, spec your favorite guitar to try and get the build more consistent with what you already have and like, You can order a nice heavy/light guitar and get it in your favorite color.

With standard features like Tonepros, Honduran Mahogany, CTS pots, premium pickups, Solid Woods and Handcrafting... How could you lose?

Good luck on your hunt!

Archived