Heritage Owners Club

9/25/2021 Is Heritage selling directly from the factory?

HANGAR18

Does anyone know if Heritage is selling brand new guitars directly from the factory? Their web site looks like you can initiate the purchase of a guitar on their web site, but what I'm not clear about is whether they will refer you to a dealer for the actual order details and payment processing or perhaps some other arrangement.

I would look at Sweetwater, or other online dealers. If they have the guitars in stock, you can pick the exact guitar you want from the options. And they have a great return policy. For the same price, I would look and find the top you want. Better to have a choice. If you aren't happy, return it. Just my opinion. 

If you ask, you will get a better deal at Sweetwater, but you have to ask. In addition, Sweetwater has an excellent setup routine that will get you whatever you want. I even had them install my brand of strings and they included the strings for free in the setup fee.

Yes, I've been studying the Sweetwater offerings a lot lately but... maybe I don't like the Maple tops of any that they have in stock. They aren't going to order any more unless someone buys what they already have, so I thought maybe if the factory was selling them direct, that I could tell them that I want to buy one but I want a VERY nice Maple top on it.

Besides, of all the times i have ever ordered something from Sweetwater for almost 2 decades now, the ONLY TIME I ever asked for a discount, I did get one, BUT that was also the only time I did NOT get any candy in the box with my purchase. (No, I never eat the candy, it's just the principle of it all.)

I have ordered a LOT of stuff from Sweetwater over the years. Why did the give me such a stupid card amount? (Probably because I keep paying the bill.) Before I pulled the trigger on my H-150, I watched for a couple months. When I found the perfect top, I had it shipped. Keep your eyes peeled. It will come along.

If it helps any, I am going to pay my card down far enough to get a Custom Core, then buy one. I have in the process of getting my Standard the way I want it. Grover 18:1 locking tuners with tulip keys, TonePros locking bridge and tailpiece, PIO capacitors, and Wolfetone Legends unpotted pickups. But the CC should be ready to go stock. I have a Gibson LP Trad Pro II Goldtop the has '50s wiring, unbleached bone nut, TonePros bridge and tailpiece, and Bare Knuckle Black Dogs. I want them all to have their jobs.

9 minutes ago, ElChoad said:

If it helps any, I am going to pay my card down far enough to get a Custom Core, then buy one. I have in the process of getting my Standard the way I want it. Grover 18:1 locking tuners with tulip keys, TonePros locking bridge and tailpiece, PIO capacitors, and Wolfetone Legends unpotted pickups. But the CC should be ready to go stock. I have a Gibson LP Trad Pro II Goldtop the has '50s wiring, unbleached bone nut, TonePros bridge and tailpiece, and Bare Knuckle Black Dogs. I want them all to have their jobs.

I almost bought a Custom Core tonight but my Sweetwater card got deactivated because I went years without using it, reapplied tonight and got denied. Probably has something to do with that $30,000.00 finance loan i was just approved for last week for my new John Deere tractor.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, HANGAR18 said:

I almost bought a Custom Core tonight but my Sweetwater card got deactivated because I went years without using it, reapplied tonight and got denied. Probably has something to do with that $30,000.00 finance loan i was just approved for last week for my new John Deere tractor.

spacer.png

$30k for a tractor? That is pretty middle-of-the-road. Too much for a yard tractor, too little for a combine. ? Sorry about your luck. Sweetwater has a CC demo unit right now in tobacco burst. It may be mine later this week. If not, then I will wait for another. Patience is a great thing to have. My card limit is stupid. But I have some really cool equipment. Way more than I should have.

I bought a core 150 DEMO from Sweetwater  Thursday.   It came today.  But the treble side bridge post is too high to engage the treble side bridge lock….so I’m sending it back.  

It would be an easy fix but I’m not taking a Dremel to a brand new custom core!!!!   One wrong move and I own it!!!   Lol.  

Beautiful guitar though…

1 minute ago, ElChoad said:

$30k for a tractor? That is pretty middle-of-the-road. Too much for a yard tractor, too little for a combine. ? Sorry about your luck. Sweetwater has a CC demo unit right now in tobacco burst. It may be mine later this week. If not, then I will wait for another. Patience is a great thing to have. My card limit is stupid. But I have some really cool equipment. Way more than I should have.

That is the one I was trying to buy.

1 minute ago, HANGAR18 said:

Maybe I can sell my AK, accessories and recently banned Russian ammo to go with it and maybe THEN I could just buy that guitar outright.

You have an AK for sale? Where do you live? I may be able to help.i do have a few (thousand) rounds of ammo for it...

15 minutes ago, brentrocks said:

I bought a core 150 DEMO from Sweetwater  Thursday.   It came today.  But the treble side bridge post is too high to engage the treble side bridge lock….so I’m sending it back.  

It would be an easy fix but I’m not taking a Dremel to a brand new custom core!!!!   One wrong move and I own it!!!   Lol.  

Beautiful guitar though…

I'm not familiar with a thing like that.

2 hours ago, ElChoad said:

I would look at Sweetwater, or other online dealers. If they have the guitars in stock, you can pick the exact guitar you want from the options. And they have a great return policy. For the same price, I would look and find the top you want. Better to have a choice. If you aren't happy, return it. Just my opinion. 

Sweetwater’s my go to place for new gear.  The customer service is second to none. 

Just now, brentrocks said:

Sweetwater’s my go to place for new gear.  The customer service is second to none. 

And the 24-48 month interest free payments don't hurt, either. But I try to keep my balance low. Credit rating crap. (It doesn't always work)

Just now, ElChoad said:

And the 24-48 month interest free payments don't hurt, either. But I try to keep my balance low. Credit rating crap. (It doesn't always work)

I had just paid mine off.  Then I saw that core demo….but it’s going back.   Easy come, easy go. 

6 minutes ago, brentrocks said:

I had just paid mine off.  Then I saw that core demo….but it’s going back.   Easy come, easy go. 

For that kind of money, it should be ready to rock. I don't blame you one iota. I would do the same thing. Hands down.

Archived