Heritage Owners Club

H in the tailpiece

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

I see lots of used Heritage hollow body electrics with the H as part of the tailpiece. Yet, there are none of these pictured in the Heritage website. What gives?

The "H" tail pieces were made by Schaller and Schaller's output of tail pieces was just too unpredictable so Heritage basically stopped using Schaller stuff.

I don't mean Schallers unpredictability was due to poor quality, but the boys just couldn't get schaller stuff in on a regular basis.

Guest HRB853370

OK, so who makes them now? I assume they are outsourced, and why cannot they get the same thing from another vendor? Probably an issue of cost, but perhaps they could get it done on a custom order?

There were issues with the H coming loose also

I think they have turned that page and don't want that look or to use Schaller.

I don't think another company would just set up that cast as an aftermarket product. Not a lot of demand for an "H" tailpiece.

Personally, I like the thicker trapeze (minus the "H") and the "finger" tailpiece better. It looks less gaudy to me.

YMMV

I think they have turned that page and don't want that look or to use Schaller.

I don't think another company would just set up that cast as an aftermarket product. Not a lot of demand for an "H" tailpiece.

Personally, I like the thicker trapeze (minus the "H") and the "finger" tailpiece better. It looks less gaudy to me.

YMMV

I really like the H tailpiece and bought my (now someone else's) H-516 partially because of it. I suppose it helps that 'H' has been my nickname since I was 20 or so ;)

I am in the H Camp to, but I may be biased also. My middle name is Howard, and I have a H-575 and a Eagle both with the H tailpiece. I really like the fingers tailpiece, but I prefer the H to any other tailpiece that Heritage is currently using, besides the finger tailpiece. This is a good question though, as I had also wondered as to whether the H was a custom option.

• 2 weeks later...

I see lots of used Heritage hollow body electrics with the H as part of the tailpiece. Yet, there are none of these pictured in the Heritage website. What gives?

On heritageguitars.com, if you pull up "custom", they give the "H" tailpiece as an option.

Archived