Heritage Owners Club

Tusq Nut

jamison162

I'm about to put a "temporary" Tusq nut on my H-150.  I've been wanting to have a refret (6100 or 6150) and new bone nut, but won't be able to afford it anytime soon looks like.  But, the stock nut on my H-150 is as bad as the worse Gibson I've ever seen.  I just don't understand what happened with it, but it's bad.  The whole nut slot itself wasn't done very clean/tidy and the slot is wider than the nut.  I should post a pic.  I bought the guitar new from Eddies.  I got such a deal on it, I don't really care about al lthe minor imperfections.  Jay's would have and probably did reject it, hehehe.  But it's nothing that can't be fixed.

I've used the graphite nuts before and really like them.  I'm sure this Tusq will get me by just fine and should be an improvement over the current nut.

Tusq nuts are great, pre grooved, easy to work with and sound better than bone. I've used them on some strats & Teles. May put a graphite nut on my 150. Those are nice, no sticking when you tune up or bend.

Archived