Heritage Owners Club

Egnater Loop Level Matcher

I have no idea why this hasn't been done before (perhaps it has and I just didn't know) but on Friday the 13th I received my Egnater-Loop Level Matcher. What an amazing low cost solution to such a long standing problem this is. It allows you to use pedals that are designed as instrument level pedals, to be used in the line level loops of an amp instead of in front of the amp. These pedals are (at least for me) basically time based pedals such as Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Tremolo, Phase shifter, etc.

The unit itself has a very utilitarian look to it, I would actually describe it as looking very DIY, but it's performance is stellar. My initial test was done using four Boss pedals chained in this order-TR-2 Tremolo > CH-1 Super Chorus > BF-2 Flanger > DD-5 Delay. All of these pedals were shelf dwellers for years and now that they can actually perform 'in the loop' where they belong they sound wonderful. The only pedal of the four that has been modded is the TR-2 which is a Keeley modded pedal. None of these pedals has ever sounded this good before. The box has both send and return level pot's which allows you to balance the in/out signal and prevents overdriving the pedal inputs which of course prevents distortion. Also the top of the knobs light up orange when powered up. Hats off to Bruce for a long over-do solution to such a common problem.

P.S. I'll add a couple of photo's when the camera is done charging.

Archived