Heritage Owners Club

Effects tutorial

Has anyone found any good sites, books, magazines, etc that really dig into getting the most out of effects. While the best way to learn your effects is through trial and error, having someone with a bit more experience guide that journey can be a tremendous help (e.g. I would have never stumbled across dotted eighths on delay if someone hadn't pointed that direction, I didn't realize the use of a volume pedal until I had one etc). While this forum can be useful (as is this one: http://www.bwacksforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php4?f=37), it'd be great to have some additional resources.

By the way, just added the ND-1 Nova Delay to my board and have been very happy with it. Easy to use and the 8 banks will be useful! Haven't decided if I'll keep the Boss DD-6 yet. But I guess that's a whole 'nother topic ...

Has anyone found any good sites, books, magazines, etc that really dig into getting the most out of effects. While the best way to learn your effects is through trial and error, having someone with a bit more experience guide that journey can be a tremendous help (e.g. I would have never stumbled across dotted eighths on delay if someone hadn't pointed that direction, I didn't realize the use of a volume pedal until I had one etc). While this forum can be useful (as is this one: http://www.bwacksforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php4?f=37), it'd be great to have some additional resources.

By the way, just added the ND-1 Nova Delay to my board and have been very happy with it. Easy to use and the 8 banks will be useful! Haven't decided if I'll keep the Boss DD-6 yet. But I guess that's a whole 'nother topic ...

I hear ya, I'm currently looking for a reverb pedal that sounds good but also produces the "shimmer" or "crystals" effect, (ie, Strymon Blue Sky)that cost around 100 bucks, if you find a book that tells where one is for that price let me know!

Otherwise I'm probably waiting on Santa!

Archived