Heritage Owners Club

Found another 'rare'(?) model!

Dick Seacup

I just came across another Heritage model not listed on the factory site.  It looks like an H120, except it has two humbuckers, four knobs and a switch in the normal spot on the upper bout.  Also, the cutaway is more rounded rather than pointy.  The truss rod cover is engraved "HORNET", and the neck is rosewood, unbound with dots.  Looks in the headstock picture like maybe the back of the neck is painted red to match the body.

Maybe I should forget about getting an H150/H157 and concentrate on buying up the lesser known, hard-to-find Heritage models.  Then when the 'vintage' buyers discover Heritage, I'll be all set.  8)

P1010015.JPG

P1010015.JPG_thumb

P1010016.JPG

P1010016.JPG_thumb

I guess I'll just sit here and talk to myself about this one.  :D  The seller checked inside the control plate for the model designation (thanks to ren @ Heritage for giving me the insider tip on that) and it says "H-1370 Cherry".  I'm not sure what to make of the "Hornet" on the TRC, but maybe someone paid extra to have their nickname engraved on there, eh?

It looks pretty well played in, but for the low sum they're asking, I might pick it up and offload my Hamer Special P90. 

Well, I called and talked to the seller about this one.  No case included, as it was traded in without one.  Has some nicks, dings and scratches but no break/repair damage and doesn't appear to be refinished.  The neck pup is allegedly original while the bridge has been changed out to a newer S-D "whatever."

So, no case, serious wear, but Ren from Heritage tells me it's an H137, presumably from the first run, as it has an L serial number...Woohoo!

The H137-D arrived yesterday afternoon.  It has new strings, but they're spaghetti-string, roundwound 9s.  Ick.  I haven't had a chance to change them out for 11s (lack of motivation), but I have tuned the 9s up and played a few things.  I am one happy owner! 

Check it out:

H137bodyfront.jpg

H137bodyfront.jpg_thumb

H137bodyback.jpg

H137bodyback.jpg_thumb

H137neckback.jpg

H137neckback.jpg_thumb

H137model.jpg

H137model.jpg_thumb

Thanks.  It cleaned up pretty well. ;)  I asked Ren via email for production numbers for the first run, but never heard back.  Of course, I wouldn't expect that inquiry to be a super high priority, but I am curious.  I wonder if Jay or someone else might know a rough estimate.  The HRW pickups I snagged out of the "For Sale" section arrived Saturday.  They look like new...now I just need to find some time to melt some rosin core. :D

Archived