Heritage Owners Club

Chunky neck 150's...

electricchurch89

Hi. And welcome to the HoC. Earlier Heritages had thinner necks, as that was the norm at the time. Mid-90s, early 2K they started to get a bit fatter, settling on something somewhere between the Gibs 60s slim and 50s style. As of late, the necks have been getting a bit fatter, since more custom orders were coming in for the "50s" style necks. Seeing that trend, the boys in the 'zoo adopted that as the norm. Now, to caveat all that, every neck on a Heritage guitar has been shaped by a human. Which means there are natural variations from guitar to guitar. The idea is to hit a "range". That's what you get with a mostly hand built guitar.

A couple of suggestions - look for a 150 in the HoC For Sale section. Look for a long-term member and ask about the neck. The 150 comes up very often. Another way is, if you're looking for new, maybe order one. That way you can specify your neck dimensions. And they'll get as close as they come.

Just an FYI, Marv Lamb was THE neck man for Gibs for years before founding Heritage Guitars. His neck work is the defacto that others are based on. He was doing asymmetrical necks long before that other company decided to tout that as an innovation.

Guest HRB853370

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum. I've been stalking various forums and ebay for sometime looking for a Heritage H150. They all seem to have a thinner neck profile though, but I've been told Heritage makes some guitars with a chunkier type neck. So does anyone own one of these? Where do I look for one?

There is a great looking VSB 150 on ebay, its a 2009, nice flamed top and a great price too. It has 2 hours left at the time of this posting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190581630980?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

A couple of suggestions - look for a 150 in the HoC For Sale section. Another way is, if you're looking for new, maybe order one.

What would the cost for a custom order be? I realize this largely depends on what you want, and how "crazy" you wanted to go.

For me, a large 50's style neck, and flamey tiger stripe AAA top in VSB would fit the bill nicely. Nothing too crazy. Are we talking G custom shop prices for something like this, or more affordable than that?

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but while we're on the subject, does Heritage offer less glossy finishes on custom orders?

What would the cost for a custom order be? I realize this largely depends on what you want, and how "crazy" you wanted to go.

For me, a large 50's style neck, and flamey tiger stripe AAA top in VSB would fit the bill nicely. Nothing too crazy. Are we talking G custom shop prices for something like this, or more affordable than that?

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but while we're on the subject, does Heritage offer less glossy finishes on custom orders?

Much more affordable than a Gibs Custom Shop. More like Custom Shop quality at Standard prices. I think the list on a decent H150 is about $3200. Street is going to depend on your dealer. But figure 30% off list as a ball park. It can't hurt to price a guitar. Figure out what you want, find a dealer and get your price. Lots of us have our favorite dealers, so you won't be hurting for suggestions that way. Or, we'd love to spec out a guitar for you. You know, tell you what you need. ..... :-) And no idea on the gloss(less) finish.

There is a great looking VSB 150 on ebay, its a 2009, nice flamed top and a great price too. It has 2 hours left at the time of this posting.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649

Yeah, I was looking at that one. I tried to contact the seller about the neck profile, but never gave an answer. And now he has it re-listed for more money, so I don't know what's going on there.

Yeah, I was looking at that one. I tried to contact the seller about the neck profile, but never gave an answer. And now he has it re-listed for more money, so I don't know what's going on there.

More money = more desireable! lol

I got a price quote from Wolfe Guitars for 2275, or 2169 cash for the basically the same specs, minus the top (I don't like super flaming tops). 900 down to start the build. 10-12 weeks. I'm thinking about it...

Archived