Heritage Owners Club

h-204 on ebay

cod65

http://tinyurl.com/2xuvn8

kind of neat

headstock is beyond ugly -its just odd :o

but thats a nice piece of wood

I saw that.  Kind of ugly. Again though, shredders are a different breed.

I'm a shredder.

Totally shred-a-riffic guitarness generally involves a couple of important features:

1) A wide neck (1.75" at the nut is a good place to start).

2) A relatively thin neck cross-section (unlike Les Pauls... the Ibanez "Wizard" or a Jackson profile is a good example...).

3) A flat fretboard radius (starts around 15", and goes north from there), some Jacksons had radii in the neighborhood of 20".

4) Usually, shredders want to have a scale length longer than 24.75" as it makes it easier to get at the upper frets.

5) Generally, we prefer double-cutaway bodies.

The headstock on that one is... well... awful...

I like the standard Heritage headstock, the only gripe I have about it is that I would rather it had a straight string pull.  This one solved that problem... in a most aesthetically displeasurable manner.

I like the back picture better than the front !

... in a most aesthetically displeasurable manner.

LOL You aren't kidding!  :P

Too bad he installed the 5-way.  Ugly stock aside, that one's no longer in production and collectible.  But it should have the individual on/offs, not a strat switch.

width=600 height=426http://www.heritageguitar.com/images/No%20Longer%20Made/H-204-DD-and--H207-D.jpg[/img]

I must've been playing a sax during that era or something... what does a 'shredder' want single coils for ? ???

I must've been playing a sax during that era or something... what does a 'shredder' want single coils for ? ???

Malmsteen, Eric Johnson and Chris Impettileri (sp?) all use/used single coils (and/or stacked humbuckers... nearly the same thing, minus the hum...).  Heck, how about Blackmore?  He was kind of a proto-shredder...  Lots of guys use singles.  Furthermore, when lots of gain is in the offing, neck position humbuckers kind of "mush out" - they aren't bright enough.

Two words: Power Ballad.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Malmsteen, Eric Johnson and Chris Impettileri

These guys, along with Michael Angelo Batio, Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani--nothing but slowpokes!   ;D

I just saw John McLaughlin the other nite. Not exaclty a shredder, but he's been doing it for 40+ yrs.....  and he still plays too many notes.

Archived