Heritage Owners Club

As a jazz player, to me warm articulate clean tone is everything. My favorite tone ever has come from a '65 twin reverb that i used to own. sold it due to the weight issue as my aging back was giving me problems. I've been playing Acoustic Image Clarus and JazzKat TwinKat solid state for a couple of years now to get the best facsimile through an appropriately voiced cabinet with outstanding results.

But...I've always missed that touch sensitivity and "aliveness" (not a word, but the best descriptor i can think of for the quality) of my twin and smaller vibe-full tube amps i've played over the years. Also, my band is branching out to more fusion and jazz-rock crossover stuff and i needed more juice in my tone, especially for solos (good excuse to buy a new pedal, right?). My JazzKat TwinKat has an optional pre-amp tube, but it doesn't really do the trick and is not footswitchable.

I found a great deal on this NOS Plush Valve Job demo (velcro on the back already) and bought it based on reviews, sound clips and Fuchs reputation. Arrived yesterday at work. got home late last night after rehearsal so i've only gotten some early morning quiet time with it, but so far it really delivers on its promise. The touch and feel of a sweet Fuchs or D style amp. Goes from warming up the clean and adding touch and dynamic harmonic complexity to a moderate and warm tube overdrive in front of my clean amp. Good range, from Santana like to Robben, best in the neck from what i can tell so far. More details to come after some weekend woodshedding, but so far, I am very happy with the buy. The "touch" control is excellent for getting the right level of attack or responsiveness, tone, gain, and level all do the job. The tube is 12ax7 ( '65 Twin Reverb), so it makes sense that it feels at home for me.

A couple of nitpicks- not user serviceable (can't replace the tube yourself) and hard wire power only, no battery. the plastic tube "window" is not super tight in the frame and not real thick. i can see i something dropped directly on it, the tube might not get enough protection.

http://s1193.photobu...nt=IMG_0723.jpg

After a little more time with it, one thing i really like is how i i can really control it from the volume knob on the guitar. rolled back and i get a wonderful warm lively clean, then cranked it gets beautifully overdriven for solos or more aggressive sounding rhythm. I can just leave it on an play very straight ahead jazz with a little different enhanced tone, then juice it for cross-over stuff.

Archived