Heritage Owners Club

Rio Grande Pickups

tsmilliner

Hi, I just ordered a set of Rio Grandes for my H150. Curious if anyone else has these and what they think. I ordered the BBQ set which is a texas neck and a BBQ bridge. I am going to wire for coil tapping so should be able to get a nice range of tones.

I figured a special guitar deserves special pickups. Any thoughts??

I have the same set in my Robin guitar.These are great sounding pickups.A little bit stronger than your average PAF but not a "hot" pickup by any means.The neck is transparent with a good balance and that nice throaty tone and the bridge is fat and smooth with some crunch when you turn it to 10 and cleans up nice when you back off the volume.These should work well in your 150.A tone report is expected after you install them.  ;D

I have some RGs in a couple of guitars. Not that same set, tho'. I found them to be a bit brash(ish). Then again, that was my set (TallBoy + MuyGrande) and in a Cherry capped guitar. Guess that could make some difference. I do like the Dirty Harry P90. And have found the guys there to be very responsive with great customer service.

Archived