Heritage Owners Club

spent some time today with several covers . Also swapped in a Seymour Duncan APH1 bridge , check it..

covers.jpg

from top to bottom , left to right . The Lollar Bridge pup I took out a generic set with U.S. specs as per the Ebay seller . These are exactly like the Lollar set that is on it and the Cream Lollar set below , These are the only one I could find with a very low neck cover like stock .A Fralin set , turns out the neck pole pieces are different between the Lollar and Fralin , however the Fralin are both the same and the neck cover will fit the Lollar bridge pup . With me :icon_shaking2: A cream Lollar set and a Seymour Duncan Bridge cover . The SD won't fit the Lollar neck or bridge pup , He has his own specs there . Nice cover though .

shims2.jpg
here are 2 shims , the thinner one is made of fiber like a gasket , pretty strong though .

fralincover.jpg
Fralin bridge cover on Lollar bridge pup fits like a glove

funny thing is it fits better than the Lollar cover which you have to snap over the pole pieces a little .
lollarcover.jpg
it will snap over it though it's same as stock
IMO The Fralin which has LF stamped inside and made for them is a very high quality cover and IMO the best of the bunch , too bad their neck cover is different specs.

on to the neck covers
neckcovers.jpg
neckcovers2.jpg

The cream (Lollar) and stock black Lollar cover is the only one that will work on a 137 as it's low enough for proper string clearance . The SD (left) is a wee too tall and the LF is way too tall and slants higher . Now I just removed this bridge pup but IMO this slant cover with the thinnest shim might be a better fit as it works with a Lollar Bridge . What do you think ? The Lollar pups have a different string spacing so the can't be mixed but the LF were the same spacing so we can use that Fralin set on the Lollar bridge pup
shortLFwithshim.jpg
It's sitting nect to the new installed SD which is a hair lower than the stock cover .

Archived