Heritage Owners Club

Blast Off With Spaceman!

JackBaruth

post-2556-0-40526000-1349446525_thumb.jpg

I don't know how many of you guys are aware of Spaceman Effects:

http://spacemaneffects.com/

They are made in single-run batches and although they only cost $350 or so new, on the used market they tend to soar from there. The Gemini III in particular will easily pull $600 in the copper-clad edition.

The Spaceman frenzy is so strong that Zak, the owner, put up a "Secret Mission" a few months back. For $459, you would get *something* from Spaceman, and he wasn't saying what. They sold 50 of them in under 4 hours.

A friend of mine in Nashville says Spaceman boxes are all over the session guys' pedalboards now, mostly because they are built like bomb shelters.

I put in for two of the thirty "WOW Signal" pedals and they finally arrived yesterday. It is a unique and amazing pedal... not like any other fuzzbox I've seen. I will do some recording with it in the near future... just really really neat.

Hi Jack,

Just a quick note. I was fortunate enough to meet Zak of Spaceman Effects when I picked up my Gemini III. A great guy and dedicated to building a quality product.

Rick

I think tone is more evident in the home or studio. Like Jeff said in an earlier post, you get to a live situation and you're at the mercy of all kinds of factors.

I like good tone, but in my case, it's time to focus on my guitar playing. I have what I'd call "good enough" tone. I think if a person has the money to pursue equipment, why not? No harm done. The post about the guy applying his drumsticks to a ping pong table hit home. I've read that comment from various people, in different forms. Listen to how Jimmy Page and Beck can make a Dano sound.

Archived