Heritage Owners Club

As promised--pics from newest acquisitions

Thundersteel

I just got home Sunday from my short vacation after a trip to Jays, and thought I'd post some pics of my latest acquisitions--a 2006 H575 Custom, and a 2007 H150LW. Hope you like the pics!

H150Full.JPG

H150Full.JPG_thumb

H150Front.JPG

H150Front.JPG_thumb

H150Back.JPG

H150Back.JPG_thumb

The chrome looks fine, but gold would be good, too.  Do any of the 150s have a first fret inlay?  Wish I could scare up the caish to buy a full bodied jazz box.  Not that I'd know what to do with it...heh.

Great looking guitars, man!!!  CONGRATS!

Nice guitars, Thundersteel. I also prefer chrome hardware. Gold hardware looks bad when it wears off. On the other hand, if you keep the original hardware, it can be a nice option to change back and forth at will. I'd immediately put a tune-o-matic on that 575, and keep the original in the case! But it's your baby so do as you like.

OK, the chrome hardware stay--for now!

Now, what do you think about changing the gold hardware on my H150LW to chrome? Sometimes I think it's "too much," especially with the Burnt Amber finish.

Maybe I could swap the hardware from the H150 to the H575 and vice versa--hey, that's an idea!

Those are very nice looking instruments.  Personally, I prefer gold hardware on blonde or natural finishes.  But I've seen some guitars with very warm dark finishes and gold hardware that looked too warm - oversaturated. 

Are you a collector of Heritage guitars?  I bought a Sweet 16 about two hours ago.  It's my first Heritage - and only the second one I've ever played (the other one was also a hollow body with a floating p/u).  I don't know very much about these instruments as far as their long-term desireability as investments compared to, say, vintage Gibsons. 

Are you a collector of Heritage guitars?

I don't know if I could be called a collector, but I own 3 Heritages, and I plan on buying a few more. I also have a couple Gibsons; whether or not I buy any more of those remains to be seen. I do like their faded LP series.

As far as for investment purposes, their resale value is poor compared compared to Gibson; but their value has risen somewhat since news of its temporary closure spread.

I bought a Sweet 16 about two hours ago.  It's my first Heritage - and only the second one I've ever played (the other one was also a hollow body with a floating p/u).  I don't know very much about these instruments as far as their long-term desireability as investments compared to, say, vintage Gibsons. 

Congrats on your new-2-you guitar. As for the potential for Heritage guitars becoming collectible, it is all a matter of time. In the late 80's and even early 90's, used LP's from the late 60's and early 70's could be had for ridiculously cheap prices. The vintage market is a funny and fickle thing, and as someone pointed out in another thread, it looks somewhat like the vintage market may be taking a dive. So, it's a good sign for Heritage that not only are their guitars holding value but there has been some upward movement in the prices for used Heritage. Wherever they are to be found.

BTW, I firmly believe the Sweet 16 is on of Heritage's finest production instruments, and 20 years from now these particular guitars will be very sought after (provided we're not all livin' under the sea!).

Archived