Heritage Owners Club

White 157 on e-bay

squawken

Has anyone noticed the white H-157 on e-bay selling for $1,500.  It is from 1994, supposedly in very good shape.  The ad is misleading, saying it is new, though it later notes it is in mint condition.  I have always been a fan of the black and white les paul style, or the black and white Flying "V" (Michael Schenker).  My personal opinion that it is over-priced, although I could be wrong, as this one seems rare for Heritage.  Anyone have any pricing info on this one?  Thanks

Has anyone noticed the white H-157 on e-bay selling for $1,500.  It is from 1994, supposedly in very good shape.

I find it a bit hard to accept the "brand new" statement if it's been sitting in their showroom for the

last 13 years.  Why hasn't someone bought it after all this time ?  I'm also often annoyed by sellers

who start off by saying the guitar is in impeccable condition then further down mention some non-trivial

flaw as if it weren't important, though in this case it's hard to say due to the bad photo if the "small

veneer, finish crack at the base of the heel" is serious or not.  It's a nice looking guitar.

Paul P

My sense is that this guitar is priced on the high side. Back in 1994 I would say that the dealer paid less than $750.00 for this guitar. Anyone can order one in white and the only reason it's "rare" is because not many do order this color. I would be surprised if it sells at the advertised price.

This guitar looks very much like an H-157 that was in a shop in Flint, Michigan and Ortonville, Michigan for years and years.

I mean EXACTLY like it.

The guitar had a sordid past, which may have included being assembled out of parts, and languished for years and years in the shop.  I played the one I am referring to on a number of occasions, but it always needed pretty significant work, and it's questionable pedigree bothered me.

I do not know if this is the specific guitar, so be warned that it may not be.  It just looks a lot like it.

The question to ask the seller is:

"Has your shop owned this guitar from the day it was delivered from Heritage of no?"

"If not, what shop did?"

Oh... I find the "all sales are final" note a bit disturbing, but it seems they have good feedback.

Thanks for the very helpful info guys!  I also asked the seller yesterday to elaborate on brand new vs. mint-which is it?  I didn't get a reply, which pretty much puts the nail in the coffin.  Thanks again!

Archived