Heritage Owners Club

Have a listen to my old H 162, you addicts to those new shiny Heritages!

jacques

Great thanks for your reactions - instead of all that talk we must not forget to play our geetars.

My overdrive unit is the Fulltone 'Full-Drive 2'. This particular guitar produces a very hot sound with it, but my H535 and H150 make the Full-Drive sing much warmer, so it depends very much on your guitar what the unit does for you. In all cases it works very good, except for metal, so my 17-year old son tells me. This tune was played on a small Fender 6 watts Vibro Champ, but the Full-Drive does a good job in louder circumstances too.

For space I use a Boss DD6 digital delay. (first the Full-Drive, then the Boss) What is good about the Full Drive is the same thing that makes an amp good: if you take it easy with your pick attack, the overdrive is hardly noticable. If YOU drive it hard, the unit follows -  instead of a constant full blow that is hard to control.

And yes, Dick, I do listen a lot to Pat Metheny, so most probably some of his stuff leaks through in my playing. I take your comment as a compliment. And yes, Drewzee87t, I have been a Jeff Beck fan for as long as he's been playing. The Kahler tremolo on this Heritage is a great way to fool around with your tone just like master Beck does.

Archived