Heritage Owners Club

Per your request jacques-and whoever else wants a listen, new MP3-no reverb!

Kazwell

Reminds me of early (and I mean early) ZZ Top with the pinch harmonics.  Love the title "No Verb Blues," too!

They said my mix was too wet

Well, they ain't heard nothin' yet

When I cut this track you can bet

I'll have the no reverb blues

Ahhh, from my head down to my shoes

OK, I'm not a lyricist. :)

Awright!

Nice rough stuff and a good and honest St. Louis blues, for sure.

I prefer the sound of your guitar this way, although one or two reverberated tunes on your list are never wrong, of course.

Keep posting here, I'd say.

Anybody else got some Heritage music going on?

Sure will jacques!!! And thanks also to Dick Seacup for the props! I listened to it again after reading your comment about it sounding like early ZZ Top. That was a very perceptive statement.  Maybe it was a subconcious thing that my playing was leaning toward style that due to the sound I was getting. Never really considered Billy Gibbons an influence, but I did grow up hearing his music on FM rock stations for years. Guess he influenced me without me even realizing it.

"Anybody else got some Heritage music going on?"

And I am with you about your above statement, jacques

You aren't the only one who would enjoy hearing recordiings of the tones other folks are coming up with on their Heritages, even if it is just a few stums.

Thought it could use a bit of 'verb on the guitar.  :-

Same set up as the verb washed SMB's in your other post -Vox Tonelab? Thats a good bluesy push on the pups. Not sure my AC30 sounds anything like that. Still, that's a very good blues tone.

Yeah tulk1 was actually using the exact same patch on the Tonelab as the verb washed cut, except on this take I pulled waaaaaay back on the verb. Actually it was the AC30 setting with another cabinet matched up to it, can't say which one I didn't save the patch. I just dial in what feels right at the the time. The interface is kinda of messed up on the unit for the fact that after you save a patch, its hard to go back and see exactly what the original settings were. I guess it's the price you pay for being able to dial in with real knobs rather than tedious  button navigation. I owned a 65 Deluxe reverb and I can tell you the emulation that supposed to sound like it doesn't come close. But many still consider it one of the best processors around and with a little work you can come up with some good tones to match whatever guitar you are using. Works greak for late night jam sessions.

'

Archived