Heritage Owners Club

la bella black nylon tape flatwounds, thumbs up!

ironmike

i recently bought a set of labella 14 guage flatwounds, he ones with the black nylon tape, i remember a couple of my old heros using them, mostly, howie collins, on a seven string gretch, and a few hard boppers i'd come across, anyway, i laced them on a 575 maple top rig and am quite happy with them, they have a natural compression to them and hold some wonderful tone with the right technique, also, lower tension than my thomstic 14 guage bebop strings (which i sport on my spruce top 575), so it's also nice break to change over guitars and have a fat loose fast string with a completely different quality,that as an added benefit, improves the range of my maple57..my take on my way in my world... something to consider. mike

I used to use LaBella flats back when I was in my jazz phase; loved the way they felt and the attack was a lot less snappy/bright than rounds. They weren't the tape wound ones, though. On my bass, I yanked the round wounds off that came on it and put TI flats on and am much happier with the tone (even though I have no idea how to play the damn thing).

Archived