Heritage Owners Club

n00b

DrFrankStein

That is from when they were brand new. I will post some newer pics. The pickguard is gone from the 157, and I have yet to wipe down the nickel parts so they are aging really nicely.

I recently learned about Nashville tuning, and I keep the 535 strung that way.

They're tuned an octave higher? I'd be afraid that either the strings would break, or it would put a lot more stress on the neck.  I've never heard of doing that before.

They're tuned an octave higher? I'd be afraid that either the strings would break, or it would put a lot more stress on the neck.  I've never heard of doing that before.

You string them with the octave strings (or equivalent) from a 12 string set.

It really is like using the high set of strings from a 12 string set.

E     9

A    12

D    9

G    12

B    20

E    26

It really makes makes it bright and jangly. I don't think the guys from Slipknot or Disturbed use a lot of nashville tuning.  :D

I just notiiced the bound f holes and trapezoid inlays on the 535.  My first custom order from Jay was a 535 with trap inlays, bound peg head and f holes, Seth Lovers (long before they were a standard upgrade), select flame maple, almond burst.  I should have never let that one go...  :'(

It really is like using the high set of strings from a 12 string set.

E     9

A    12

D    9

G    12

B    20

E    26

It really makes makes it bright and jangly. I don't think the guys from Slipknot or Disturbed use a lot of nashville tuning.  :D

Shouldn't that read:

E    9

B    12

G    9

D    12

A    20

E    26

???

Archived